The Tennessee Volunteers (1-0) and their sensational offense will be 13-point favorites when they welcome the Murray State Racers (1-0) and their tremendous defense. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 149.5 points and it will air on SEC Network at 9 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 12, 2019.
Murray State Racers vs. Tennessee Volunteers Betting Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Volunteers defeated the UNC Asheville Bulldogs 78-63, while the Racers dismantled the Southern University Jaguars 69-49.
Murray State played a nearly perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.458 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 34.5. Southern University was 0.131 and 20.5, respectively, for those same stats. Tennessee, on the other hand, out-rebounded UNC Asheville. The Volunteers had more offensive rebounds (17 vs. 11), defensive rebounds (32 vs. 18) and total rebounds (49 vs. 29). Tennessee was lifted by Yves Pons, who finished with 15 points and seven rebounds. Meanwhile, KJ Williams fueled Murray State with 15 points and 11 rebounds.
Since last season, the Racers are 26-4 straight up (SU) and 17-12 against the spread (ATS). A little over half of Murray State games have finished over the projected point total since last season.
The Volunteers, meanwhile, are 27-3 SU and 19-15 ATS since last season. Tennessee’s games have had a tendency to finish under the O/U total over that same stretch (57.6 percent).
This showdown pits one of the country’s top offenses against one of its elite defenses. Tennessee ranks fourth in offensive efficiency and Murray State is 31st in defensive efficiency since the 2018-19 season.
Murray State Racers at Tennessee Volunteers Free Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Tennessee, ATS Winner – Tennessee, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Tennessee averages 5.4 blocks per game, which ranks fifth in the NCAA. Murray State ranks 192nd in blocks allowed per game (3.7).
- The Volunteers average 37.9 rebounds per game, which ranks 56th in the NCAA. The Racers rank 138th in rebounds allowed per game (34.5).
- Murray State ranks sixth in assists per game (17.8) while Tennessee ranks 87th in assists allowed per game (12.1).
- The Racers rank 117th in three pointers allowed per game (21.6) while the Volunteers rank 240th (24.1).
- Murray State averages 7.5 steals per game, which ranks 52nd in the country. Tennessee ranks 164th in steals allowed per game (6.4).