The Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles (3-13, 0-3 OVC) and the Murray State Racers (10-5, 3-0 OVC) square off at Hooper Eblen Arena. The Golden Eagles will attempt to put an end to their seven-game losing streak. Action starts at 8:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 11, 2020.
Murray State Racers at Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles Betting Odds
In their last game, the Golden Eagles fell to the Austin Peay Governors, 75-62, while the Racers beat the Jacksonville State Gamecocks, 72-68.
The Racers held the Gamecocks to an effective field goal percentage of 0.408 (below their season average of 0.532) and had a free throw rate of 0.327 (above their season average of 0.280). Tennessee Tech, meanwhile, had a free throw rate of 0.192 (above their season average of 0.122). Tennessee Tech was lifted by Jr. Clay, who had 20 points. Tevin Brown, meanwhile fueled Murray State with 24 points and six rebounds.
The Racers won the sole game between these two teams last year, 67-63. Murray State’s effective field goal percentage was its largest advantage over Tennessee Tech. The Racers had a rate of 0.500 while the Golden Eagles posted a mark of 0.412. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
The Racers’ Brown has been playing well over his last five games, averaging 18 points,6.2 rebounds,1.4 steals per game. Meanwhile, Clay has averaged 15 points,1.8 steals during that same time frame for the Golden Eagles.
Tennessee Tech might have a difficult time finding the bottom of the net as they face off against one of the NCAA’s best defenses. Murray State ranks 52nd in defensive efficiency while the Golden Eagles rank 340th in offensive efficiency.
Murray State Racers vs. Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles Betting Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Murray State, ATS Winner – Murray State, O/U – Over
- Murray State ranks 39th in assists allowed per game (10.5) while Tennessee Tech ranks 207th (15.1).
- The Racers rank 29th in steals allowed per game (5.3) while the Golden Eagles rank 165th (7.7).
- Tennessee Tech averages 3.0 blocks per game, which is ranked 121st in the country. Murray State ranks 136th in blocks allowed per game (4.2).
- The Racers rank seventh in rebounds allowed per game (29.2) while the Golden Eagles rank 161st (36.1).
- Tennessee Tech ranks 99th in three pointers attempted per game (23.4) while Murray State ranks 252nd (17.3).
- The Golden Eagles’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 13.8, up from 9.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Racers have scored an average of 79.8 points per game (3.9 above their season average) and allowed an average of 65.4 points per game (2.8 above their season average).