The Murray State Racers (19-7, 12-2 OVC) will be at Lantz Arena to go head-to-head with the Eastern Illinois Panthers (12-14, 5-9 OVC) in an OVC matchup. Action starts at 8:30 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 20, 2020.
Murray State Racers at Eastern Illinois Panthers ATS Odds
In their last contest, the Panthers lost a winnable game to the UT Martin Skyhawks, 80-79, while the Racers dismantled the Morehead State Eagles, 85-57.
Murray State dominated every stat category in the game. They had a fantastic free throw rate of 0.327 (above their season average of 0.285) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.609 (above their season average of 0.541). For those same stats, Morehead State was 0.186 and 0.390, respectively. Eastern Illinois, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 41.0 (above their season average of 30.0). Jordan Skipper-Brown played a key role for Eastern Illinois with 14 points and 13 rebounds. Murray State, meanwhile, rallied around Devin Gilmore, who had 11 points and 10 rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Tevin Brown led the Racers to a 73-70 victory. He was the game’s leading scorer with 24 points. Murray State’s free throw rate was their biggest strength over Eastern Illinois. The Racers had a rate of 0.375, while the Panthers posted a mark of 0.141.
Murray State figures to have the advantage on the offensive side of the ball. The Racers currently rank 24th in effective field goal percentage (0.544), while Eastern Illinois ranks 140th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.482).
Murray State Racers vs. Eastern Illinois Panthers Pick
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Murray State, ATS Winner – Murray State, O/U – Over
- Murray State ranks 16th in rebounds allowed per game (30.5) while Eastern Illinois ranks 166th (35.4).
- The Panthers average 7.6 steals per game, which ranks 57th in the country. The Racers rank 86th in steals allowed per game (6.1).
- Eastern Illinois ranks 235th in three pointers attempted per game (19.3) while Murray State ranks 261st (18.2).
- The Panthers average 4.6 blocks per game, which ranks 31st in the country. The Racers rank 148th in blocks allowed per game (3.8).
- Murray State ranks 44th in assists allowed per game (10.8) while Eastern Illinois ranks 112th (12.1).
- The Racers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 9.0, down from 11.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Panthers have scored an average of 74.4 points per game (0.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 76.0 points per game (6.2 above their season average).