It will be a battle between two stifling defenses when the seventh-ranked Auburn Tigers (9-2) meet the Murray State Racers (8-1) at Auburn Arena. Action gets underway at 4:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 22, 2018, and can be seen on SEC Network.
Murray State Racers vs. Auburn Tigers ATS Odds
Both teams thoroughly outplayed their last opponent. The Tigers defeated the South Alabama Jaguars 101-58, while the Racers beat the Wright State Raiders 73-54.
Murray State dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 42.9 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.640. For those same stats, Wright State put up marks of 23.7 and 0.409, respectively. Meanwhile, Auburn dominated nearly every facet of their game. They had a turnover percentage of 14.0 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 50.0. For those same stats, South Alabama was 28.3 and 25.8, respectively. Auburn was lifted by Jared Harper, who finished with 20 points, 13 assists and five rebounds. Ja Morant, meanwhile had a solid performance for Murray State, finishing with 26 points, 11 assists and five rebounds.
The Tigers won the lone game between these two teams last season, 81-77. Auburn made 12 of its 27 three pointers (44.4 percent). Murray State, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (40.4 vs. 33.3).
Bryce Brown and Harper have played well over the last five games for Auburn. Brown has averaged 0 points, while Harper has recorded 0 points a game during that span.
The game should be a matchup of strength against strength as the productive offense of Auburn takes on the top-notch defense of Murray State. Dating back to last season, the Tigers rank 31st in offensive efficiency, while the Racers are second in defensive efficiency.
Murray State Racers at Auburn Tigers Odds Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Auburn, ATS Winner – Auburn, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- Murray State ranks sixth in three pointers allowed per game (19.6) while Auburn ranks 161st (23.0).
- Both of these teams are exceptional at stealing the ball. The Tigers are seventh in the NCAA with 7.9 steals per game while the Racers are 55th with 6.9 steals per game.
- Auburn averages 14.6 assists per game, which ranks 41st in the NCAA. Murray State ranks first in assists allowed per game (9.6).
- The Tigers rank sixth in blocks per game (5.5) while the Racers rank 112th in blocks allowed per game (3.4).
- Auburn averages 38.4 rebounds per game, which ranks 37th in the NCAA. Murray State ranks 95th in rebounds allowed per game (32.0).