The Murray State Racers (19-8, 12-3 OVC) will be at the Sam M. Vadalabene Center to square off with the SIUE Cougars (7-21, 4-11 OVC) in an OVC matchup. Action gets underway at 3 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020.
Murray State Racers at SIUE Cougars ATS Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last contest. The Cougars got blown out by the Austin Peay Governors, 78-60, while the Racers lost a tough one against the Eastern Illinois Panthers, 63-60.
Murray State had a much better free throw rate (0.189 vs. 0.049) while SIUE had a better turnover percentage (17.4 vs. 15.6). Zeke Moore had a solid performance for SIUE, finishing with 10 points. Murray State, meanwhile, was lifted by Anthony Smith, who finished with 11 points and nine rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, KJ Williams led the Racers to a 74-55 victory. He recorded a double-double with 20 points and 15 rebounds. Murray State’s effective field goal percentage was its largest advantage over SIUE. The Racers had a rate of 0.536 while the Cougars posted a mark of 0.347.
The inefficient offense of SIUE (317th in the NCAA with an offensive efficiency of 95.6) will face off against the elite defense of Murray State (36th in the country with a defensive efficiency of 93.6). The Racers should have the advantage on that end of the court. Furthermore, the Racers, who rank 27th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.283), will square off against the Cougars, who rank 332nd in opponents’ FTA rate (0.302).
Murray State vs. SIUE Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – SIUE, ATS Winner – SIUE, O/U – Under
- Murray State ranks 37th in assists allowed per game (10.7) while SIUE ranks 250th (15.3).
- The Cougars rank 261st in three pointers attempted per game (18.2) while the Racers rank 264th (18.0).
- The Racers rank 18th in rebounds allowed per game (30.7) while the Cougars rank 174th (35.6).
- SIUE ranks 124th in blocks per game (3.0) while Murray State ranks 146th in blocks allowed per game (3.8).
- During their last five games, the Racers have scored an average of 70.0 points per game (6.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 65.4 points per game (0.5 above their season average).
- The Cougars’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 4.2, down from 6.6 for the season.