It will be a battle between two phenomenal offenses when the Austin Peay Governors (16-9, 10-2 OVC) challenge the Murray State Racers (18-6, 11-1 OVC) at Winfield Dunn Center. The game starts at 9 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 13, 2020, and will air on ESPNU.
Murray State Racers at Austin Peay Governors ATS Odds
In their last outing, the Governors fell to the Belmont Bruins, 71-63, while the Racers defeated the Tennessee State Tigers, 73-65.
Murray State dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an effective field goal percentage of 0.537 (below their season average of 0.542) and a turnover percentage of 20.3 (worse than their season average of 17.3). Tennessee State was 0.471 and 21.8, respectively, for those same stats. Austin Peay, meanwhile, held Belmont to an offensive rebounding percentage of 10.3 (below their season average of 25.7). Austin Peay was led by Terry Taylor, who recorded 26 points and 23 rebounds. Tevin Brown played a key role for Murray State with 28 points.
The Racers dominated this series last year, winning both contests. In the most recent contest, Murray State won 94-83. Murray State was effective at getting and making free throws. The Racers made 21 of their 25 free throws (84.0 percent), while the Governors were just 5-8 (62.5 percent). This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
This showdown pits one of the NCAA’s top offenses against one of its elite defenses. Austin Peay currently ranks 21st in offensive efficiency and Murray State is 46th in defensive efficiency.
Murray State Racers vs. Austin Peay Governors Free Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Murray State, ATS Winner – Murray State, O/U – Over
- Murray State ranks 43rd in assists allowed per game (10.9) while Austin Peay ranks 211th (14.2).
- The Governors rank 208th in three pointers attempted per game (20.1) while the Racers rank 252nd (18.3).
- Austin Peay ranks 87th in steals per game (7.0) while Murray State ranks 93rd in steals allowed per game (6.2).
- The Governors rank 39th in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while the Racers rank 135th (3.8).
- Murray State allows the 11th-fewest rebounds per game (30.1) while Austin Peay ranks 57th (32.6).
- During their last five games, the Racers have scored an average of 72.0 points per game (4.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 65.0 points per game (0.0 below their season average).
- The Governors’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 5.2, down from 5.6 for the season.