The Wagner Seahawks (6-4) can lengthen a five-game home winning streak when they go head-to-head against the Mount St. Mary’s Mountaineers (5-7) at Spiro Sports Center. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Friday, December 29, 2017.
Mount St. Mary’s Mountaineers vs. Wagner Seahawks Odds Preview
The Mountaineers beat the Coppin State Eagles in their last matchup, 66-53. Junior Robinson was the top scorer from either team with 23 points on 8-for-19 shooting. The Mountaineers held the Eagles to an effective field goal percentage of 0.384 (below the 0.541 mark opponents have averaged against Mount St. Mary’s this season) and had a better turnover percentage (16.6 vs. 18.4).
The last time the Seahawks played, they were defeated by the Dayton Flyers, 79-67. Blake Francis was the top scorer from either team with 24 points on 9-for-21 shooting. Dayton did a great job of making free throws (22-26; 84.6 percent). Wagner, on the other hand, held the Flyers to an offensive rebounding percentage of 18.5 (below their season average of 25.6).
Wagner could dominate the offensive glass in this meeting. The Seahawks are among the nations elite on the offensive glass, ranking 26th in offensive rebounding percentage at 36.6 percent. Meanwhile, Mount St. Mary’s ranks 297th in the nation at corralling defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 67.5 percent.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. In the most recent game, the Seahawks won 69-65. The Seahawks played a nearly perfect game. They had an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 34.4 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.509. The Mountaineers had marks of 29.7 and 0.448, respectively, for those same stats.
Mount St. Mary’s Mountaineers vs. Wagner Seahawks Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Mount St. Mary’s, ATS Winner – Mount St. Mary’s, O/U – Over
- The Seahawks rank 44th in steals allowed per game (5.4) while the Mountaineers rank 80th (6.1).
- Wagner averages 13.0 assists per game, which ranks 161st in the NCAA. Mount St. Mary’s ranks 173rd in assists allowed per game (14.4).
- Wagner ranks 22nd in rebounds per game (40.7) while Mount St. Mary’s ranks 265th (29.2).
- The Mountaineers rank 18th in blocks allowed per game (2.3) while the Seahawks rank 157th (4.8).
- Mount St. Mary’s ranks 13th in three pointers attempted per game (29.3) while Wagner ranks 95th (23.7).
- The Seahawks average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.6, down from 3.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Mountaineers have scored an average of 70.4 points per game (0.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 66.6 points per game (10.3 below their season average).