The Mount St. Mary’s Mountaineers (10-17, 6-8 NEC) will be at the UPMC Events Center to meet the Robert Morris Colonials (15-13, 11-4 NEC) in a NEC matchup. Action starts at 7:30 p.m. ET on Friday, February 21, 2020.
Mount St. Mary’s Mountaineers at Robert Morris Colonials Betting Odds
Both teams lost in their last contest. The Colonials fell to the Saint Francis U Red Flash, 86-71, while the Mountaineers were defeated by the Wagner Seahawks, 67-61.
Mount St. Mary’s had a better offensive rebounding percentage (32.4 vs. 31.3) while Robert Morris did a fantastic job of converting from the charity stripe (12-15; 80.0 percent). Robert Morris was led by Charles Bain, who contributed 17 points and six rebounds. Malik Jefferson fueled Mount St. Mary’s with 19 points and nine rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, AJ Bramah led the Colonials to a 77-60 win. He was the game’s top overall scorer with 25 points. The Colonials’ offensive rebounding percentage was their largest strength over the Mountaineers. Robert Morris had a rate of 33.3, while Mount St. Mary’s posted a mark of 23.5.
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when two of the NCAA’s slowest-paced teams battle. Robert Morris ranks 276th in possessions per game (67.3) and Mount St. Mary’s is 336th (64.9).
Mount St. Mary’s Mountaineers vs. Robert Morris Colonials Betting Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Mount St. Mary’s, ATS Winner – Mount St. Mary’s, O/U – Under
- Robert Morris ranks ninth in assists per game (16.5) while Mount St. Mary’s ranks 234th (11.1).
- The Mountaineers rank 46th in steals allowed per game (5.5) while the Colonials rank 93rd (6.1).
- Mount St. Mary’s averages 3.3 blocks per game, which ranks 108th in the country. Robert Morris ranks 150th in blocks allowed per game (3.9).
- During their last five games, the Colonials have scored an average of 69.4 points per game (0.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 67.6 points per game (0.2 above their season average).
- The Mountaineers’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 7.4, up from 2.1 for the season.