The Mount St. Mary’s Mountaineers (0-2) will travel to the Henderson Center to meet the Marshall Thundering Herd (2-0). Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 14, 2018.
Mount St. Mary’s Mountaineers at Marshall Thundering Herd ATS Odds
In their last game, the Thundering Herd defeated the Hofstra Pride, 76-72, while the Mountaineers were blown out by the Hofstra Pride, 79-61.
The Thundering Herd had a much better turnover percentage (17.0 vs. 22.6) and had a better effective field goal percentage (0.524 vs. 0.492). Mount St. Mary’s, on the other hand, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.482 vs. 0.523). Marshall received a boost from Jon Elmore, who contributed 30 points, eight rebounds and five assists. Jalen Gibbs had a solid performance for Mount St. Mary’s, putting up 21 points and eight rebounds.
Opposite styles will be on display in this battle. Since last season, Marshall has preferred a fast-paced style of play (sixth in possessions per game), while Mount St. Mary’s has been slower-paced (287th in possessions per game). Moreover, the Mountaineers rank 266th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.215), while the Thundering Herd rank 47th in opponents’ FTA rate (0.197).
Mount St. Mary’s Mountaineers at Marshall Thundering Herd Free Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Marshall, ATS Winner – Marshall, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- Marshall ranks 133rd in rebounds per game (36.1) while Mount St. Mary’s ranks 313th (28.8).
- The Mountaineers average 6.8 steals per game, which ranks 89th in the NCAA. The Thundering Herd rank 206th in steals allowed per game (6.7).
- Marshall ranks fifth in blocks per game (5.7) while Mount St. Mary’s ranks 89th (3.8).
- The Thundering Herd rank 12th in assists per game (17.0) while the Mountaineers rank 180th in assists allowed per game (13.7).
- Marshall ranks 16th in three pointers attempted per game (27.9) while Mount St. Mary’s ranks 160th in three pointers allowed per game (21.9).