The Mount St. Mary’s Mountaineers (2-6) can snap a five-game road losing streak when they take on the Lehigh Mountain Hawks (4-5) at Stabler Arena. Tip-off is set for 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 9, 2017.
Mount St. Mary’s Mountaineers at Lehigh Mountain Hawks ATS Preview
In the Mountaineers last game, they were beaten by the Pittsburgh Panthers, 82-78. With 24 points on 8-for-21 shooting, Junior Robinson was the games high scorer. Pittsburgh had a free throw rate of 0.418 (above their season average of 0.257). Mount St. Mary’s, on the other hand, forced the Panthers into a turnover percentage of 19.5 (above the 15.1 mark opponents have averaged against Mount St. Mary’s this season).
The Mountain Hawks are hoping for a better outcome after their 86-77 loss to the Yale Bulldogs in their last outing. Kahron Ross was Lehigh’s leading scorer with 19 points on 7-for-14 shooting. Yale had an effective field goal percentage of 0.616 (above their season average of 0.562). Lehigh, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (13.6 vs. 16.4).
Ball protection could play a key role in this matchup. Since last season, Lehigh has committed the 15th-fewest miscues in the nation (turnover percentage of 18.9 percent), while the gambling defense of Mount St. Mary’s has forced the 59th-most (opponents turnover percentage of 21.2 percent).
The Mountain Hawks won the sole game against the Mountaineers last season, 90-71. The Mountain Hawks played a nearly flawless game. They had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.436 and a fantastic offensive rebounding percentage of 37.0. The Mountaineers were 0.159 and 15.4, respectively, for those same stats.
Mount St. Mary’s Mountaineers at Lehigh Mountain Hawks Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Lehigh, ATS Winner – Lehigh, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Mountain Hawks rank ninth in steals allowed per game (6.0) while the Mountaineers rank 175th (6.5).
- Lehigh ranks 253rd in rebounds per game (34.2) while Mount St. Mary’s ranks 307th (29.7).
- Mount St. Mary’s ranks sixth in three pointers allowed per game (16.0) while Lehigh ranks 294th (23.1).
- The Mountaineers rank 77th in assists allowed per game (11.9) while the Mountain Hawks rank 300th (14.4).
- Mount St. Mary’s ranks 102nd in blocks per game (3.8) while Lehigh ranks 272nd (2.8).