The Mount St. Mary’s Mountaineers (5-11, 1-2 NEC) will be at the Chace Athletic Center to square off with the Bryant Bulldogs (9-6, 1-1 NEC) in a NEC matchup. Action gets underway at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 11, 2020.
Mount St. Mary’s Mountaineers at Bryant Bulldogs Betting Odds
Both teams fell in their last game. The Bulldogs were beaten by the Fairleigh Dickinson Knights, 77-73, while the Mountaineers lost a tough one against the Merrimack Warriors, 64-61.
Mount St. Mary’s had an offensive rebounding percentage of 51.4 (above their season average of 28.8) while Bryant had a turnover percentage of 10.7 (better than their season average of 16.7). Adam Grant was a key piece for Bryant with 28 points. Mount St. Mary’s, meanwhile, received a boost from Nana Opoku, who put up 11 points and 15 rebounds.
The Bulldogs dominated this series last year, taking both games. In the most recent contest, Bryant won 81-58. Bryant out-rebounded Mount St. Mary’s. The Bulldogs had 15 offensive rebounds and 43 total rebounds, while the Mountaineers had six and 28, respectively. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
From an effective field goal percentage perspective, Bryant figures to have a substantial advantage. The Bulldogs defense ranks 48th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.451), while the Mount St. Mary’s offense is ranked 338th in effective field goal percentage (0.443).
Mount St. Mary’s Mountaineers at Bryant Bulldogs Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Bryant, ATS Winner – Mount St. Mary’s, O/U – Under
- Bryant ranks 72nd in assists per game (14.7) while Mount St. Mary’s ranks 241st (10.2).
- The Bulldogs rank ninth in three pointers attempted per game (29.7) while the Mountaineers rank 126th (22.4).
- Bryant ranks 30th in blocks per game (4.9) while Mount St. Mary’s ranks 121st (3.0).
- The Bulldogs rank 41st in steals per game (8.3) while the Mountaineers rank 187th (5.4).
- Mount St. Mary’s ranks 120th in rebounds per game (36.7) while Bryant ranks 246th in rebounds allowed per game (40.6).
- The Mountaineers have scored an equal number of points as their opponents. For the season, Mount St. Mary’s has been defeated by an average of 3.6 points.
- During their last five games, the Bulldogs have scored an average of 68.6 points per game (4.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 69.0 points per game (0.5 above their season average).