The Saint Francis U Red Flash (19-8, 12-4 NEC) close out their home schedule at DeGol Arena against the Mount St. Mary’s Mountaineers (11-18, 7-9 NEC). The game gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 27, 2020.
Mount St. Mary’s Mountaineers at Saint Francis U Red Flash Betting Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Red Flash edged the LIU Sharks 74-71, while the Mountaineers defeated the Merrimack Warriors 65-57.
Mount St. Mary’s dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 35.3 (above their season average of 30.1) and a free throw rate of 0.327 (above their season average of 0.230). Merrimack put up marks of 6.7 and 0.224, respectively, for those same stats. Meanwhile, Saint Francis U’s effective field goal percentage was their biggest advantage over LIU. The Red Flash had a rate of 0.550 (above their season average of 0.518), while the Sharks posted a mark of 0.414 (below their season average of 0.527). Saint Francis U received a boost from Keith Braxton, who contributed 14 points and 10 rebounds. Nana Opoku fueled Mount St. Mary’s with 25 points and 14 rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Braxton led the Red Flash to a 70-55 win. He notched a double-double with 10 points and 13 rebounds. The Red Flash’s offensive rebounding percentage was their largest advantage over the Mountaineers. Saint Francis U had a rate of 32.4, while Mount St. Mary’s posted a mark of 20.5.
Saint Francis U should have the edge on the offensive side of the ball. The Red Flash rank 34th in offensive efficiency, while Mount St. Mary’s ranks 212th in defensive efficiency.
Mount St. Mary’s Mountaineers at Saint Francis U Red Flash Betting Pick
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Saint Francis U, ATS Winner – Saint Francis U, O/U – Under
- Saint Francis U ranks 76th in steals per game (7.1) while Mount St. Mary’s ranks 229th (4.9).
- The Red Flash average 36.8 rebounds per game, which ranks 103rd in the NCAA. The Mountaineers rank 124th in rebounds allowed per game (34.5).
- Mount St. Mary’s averages 3.2 blocks per game, which ranks 116th in the country. Saint Francis U ranks 124th in blocks allowed per game (3.4).
- The Mountaineers rank 182nd in three pointers attempted per game (21.1) while the Red Flash rank 278th (17.9).
- Saint Francis U ranks 211th in assists per game (11.7) while Mount St. Mary’s ranks 233rd (11.2).
- The Red Flash’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 10.4, up from 5.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Mountaineers have scored an average of 60.2 points per game (3.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 67.8 points per game (1.8 above their season average).