A five-game home winning streak is on the line for the Norfolk State Spartans (11-13, 7-2 MEAC) when they go head-to-head against the Morgan State Bears (13-13, 7-4 MEAC) at Echols Hall. Action begins at 6:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
Morgan State Bears vs. Norfolk State Spartans ATS Odds
In their last game, the Spartans dismantled the Delaware State Hornets, 85-57, while the Bears lost a close one to the North Carolina Central Eagles, 58-57.
Norfolk State played a nearly flawless contest. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 28.9 (below their season average of 31.8) and a turnover percentage of 15.2 (better than their season average of 18.2). Delaware State was 17.1 and 24.5, respectively, for those same stats. Morgan State, on the other hand, held North Carolina Central to an offensive rebounding percentage of 24.2 (below the 30.1 mark opponents have averaged against Morgan State this season). Devante Carter had a good game for Norfolk State, putting up 19 points and eight rebounds. Meanwhile, Morgan State received a boost from Malik Miller, who had 10 points and eight rebounds.
The Spartans won the only game between these two teams last season, 75-74. Norfolk State’s 0.610 effective field goal percentage was its largest advantage over Morgan State, who had a rate of 0.439. This is the first time these teams will meet this year.
Norfolk State should have the advantage on the defensive side of the ball. The Spartans currently rank 62nd in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.464), while Morgan State is 305th in effective field goal percentage (0.471). Additionally, the Bears rank 339th in turnover percentage (22.8 percent), while the Spartans rank 29th in opponents’ turnover percentage (23.1 percent).
Morgan State vs. Norfolk State ATS Pick
Free Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Norfolk State, ATS Winner – Norfolk State, O/U – Over
- Norfolk State ranks 115th in three pointers attempted per game (23.0) while Morgan State ranks 242nd (18.6).
- The Bears rank 55th in blocks per game (4.1) while the Spartans rank 65th in blocks allowed per game (2.9).
- The Spartans rank 56th in steals per game (7.5) while the Bears rank 139th in steals allowed per game (6.7).
- Morgan State ranks 41st in rebounds per game (38.7) while Norfolk State ranks 115th in rebounds allowed per game (34.1).
- During their last five games, the Spartans have scored an average of 76.8 points per game (6.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 65.8 points per game (0.9 above their season average).
- The Bears have outscored opponents by an average of 4.2 points in their last five games. On the season, Morgan State has lost by an average of 0.5 points.