The South Florida Bulls (1-0) will be at home in USF Sun Dome when they clash against the Morgan State Bears (0-1). Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Monday, November 13, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Morgan State Bears at South Florida Bulls Free Preview
The Bears lost to the Binghamton Bearcats in their last game, 76-59. Lapri McCray-Pace had a good performance for Morgan State, putting up nine points and 10 rebounds. Binghamton had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.544 vs. 0.369). Morgan State, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (20.1 vs. 23.2).
In the Bulls last game, they beat the Florida Atlantic Owls, 60-59. South Florida rallied around Tulio Da Silva, who was the games high scorer with 20 points on 6-for-11 shooting. The Bulls had a better free throw rate (0.300 vs. 0.237) and had a better effective field goal percentage (0.450 vs. 0.381).
This has potential to be a mistake-prone game for the offense of South Florida. Dating back to last season, South Florida ranks 346th in the NCAA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 23.4 percent), while the pesky defense of Morgan State has forced the 63rd-most turnovers in the nation (20.7 percent). Furthermore, the Bears could control the offensive glass in this battle as they rank 29th in the nation in offensive rebounding percentage at 35.0 percent. The Bulls, meanwhile, rank 326th in defensive rebounding percentage (66.1 percent).
Morgan State Bears at South Florida Bulls Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Morgan State, ATS Winner – Morgan State, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Bears average 5.8 steals per game, which ranks 169th in the NCAA. The Bulls rank 268th in steals allowed per game (8.2).
- Morgan State ranks 204th in assists allowed per game (13.8) while South Florida ranks 281st (15.5).
- Morgan State averages 39.0 rebounds per game, which ranks 30th in the nation. South Florida ranks 255th in rebounds allowed per game (37.3).
- The Bears rank 57th in three pointers allowed per game (19.1) while the Bulls rank 262nd (23.3).
- South Florida averages 3.7 blocks per game, which ranks 102nd in the NCAA. Morgan State ranks 213th in blocks allowed per game (3.9).