The Morgan State Bears (13-14, 7-5 MEAC) will be at the Smith-Hammond-Middleton Center to meet the South Carolina State Bulldogs (11-12, 6-5 MEAC) in a MEAC matchup. Action starts at 7:30 p.m. ET on Monday, February 17, 2020.
Morgan State Bears vs. South Carolina State Bulldogs Betting Odds
In their last game, the Bulldogs defeated the Coppin State Eagles, 70-66, while the Bears lost to the Norfolk State Spartans, 62-57.
South Carolina State dominated every facet of the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 20.6 (below their season average of 29.6) and a free throw rate of 0.302 (above their season average of 0.295). Coppin State was 8.6 and 0.179, respectively, for those same stats. Morgan State, meanwhile, had a free throw rate of 0.489 (above their season average of 0.263). South Carolina State rallied around Rayshawn Neal, who recorded 21 points, 10 rebounds and five assists. Stanley Davis, meanwhile was a key piece for Morgan State with 11 points and 11 rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Davis led the Bears to a 77-63 victory. He put up 14 points, six rebounds and five assists. The Bears’ 15.7 turnover percentage was their largest strength over the Bulldogs, who had a mark of 22.3.
The aggressive South Carolina State offense seems poised to dominate from the free throw line. The Bulldogs currently rank 11th in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.295, while Morgan State ranks 348th in FTA rate allowed (0.343).
Morgan State Bears at South Carolina State Bulldogs Betting Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – South Carolina State, ATS Winner – South Carolina State, O/U – Over
- Morgan State ranks 40th in rebounds per game (38.9) while South Carolina State ranks 166th (35.3).
- The Bears rank 252nd in three pointers attempted per game (18.4) while the Bulldogs rank 282nd (16.8).
- Morgan State ranks 229th in assists per game (11.3) while South Carolina State ranks 231st (11.3).
- The Bears rank 196th in steals per game (5.5) while the Bulldogs rank 251st (4.2).
- Morgan State averages 4.1 blocks per game, which ranks 53rd in the country. South Carolina State ranks 87th in blocks allowed per game (3.1).
- During their last five games, the Bulldogs have scored an average of 72.6 points per game (1.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 76.2 points per game (0.5 above their season average).
- The Bears have outscored opponents by an average of 2.8 points in their last five games. On the season, Morgan State has lost by an average of 0.7 points.