The Morgan State Bears (5-6) visit Matadome to meet the CSUN Matadors (5-8). The Bears can snap a five-game road losing streak. Action starts at 10 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 29, 2018.
Morgan State Bears at CSUN Matadors Betting Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last matchup. The Matadors lost a close one to the New Mexico Lobos, 87-84, while the Bears got blown out by the ninth-ranked Villanova Wildcats, 100-77.
Morgan State had a better turnover percentage (14.7 vs. 15.1) while CSUN had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (34.8 vs. 19.4). CSUN’s Lamine Diane led the way, putting up 34 points and seven rebounds. Morgan State, meanwhile, received a boost from Isaiah Burke, who recorded 17 points.
The Matadors won the only contest between these two teams last year, 79-69. One of CSUN’s biggest strengths was getting to the charity stripe. They had 30 free throw attempts, while Morgan State had 26. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Diane has taken his game to another level recently for CSUN, averaging 0 points over the last five games.
This has potential to be a mistake-prone game for the offense of CSUN. CSUN ranks 242nd in the NCAA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 20.3 percent), while the pesky defense of Morgan State forces the 31st-most turnovers in the country (24.0 percent).
Morgan State vs. CSUN Pick
Free Basketball Pick: SU Winner – CSUN, O/U – Over
- CSUN ranks 32nd in assists per game (16.6) while Morgan State ranks 181st (10.8).
- The Matadors rank 162nd in rebounds allowed per game (36.5) while the Bears rank 235th (39.9).
- CSUN ranks 237th in three pointers attempted per game (17.9) while Morgan State ranks 239th (18.2).
- The Matadors rank 46th in blocks per game (4.6) while the Bears rank 161st (2.1).
- Morgan State averages 7.8 steals per game, which ranks 40th in the NCAA. CSUN ranks 139th in steals allowed per game (7.5).
- During their last five games, the Matadors have scored an average of 79.8 points per game (2.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 85.2 points per game (2.0 above their season average).
- The Bears’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 7.0, down from 7.7 for the season.