The Lipscomb Bisons (1-0) will be at home in Allen Arena when they challenge the Morehead State Eagles (0-1). Tip-off is set for 5 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 12, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Morehead State Eagles at Lipscomb Bisons Odds Preview
In the Eagles’ last contest, they lost big to the No. 17 Xavier Musketeers, 101-49. Morehead State’s Jordan Walker put together a solid game, leading the team in scoring with 18 points on 5-for-14 shooting. Xavier had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.792 vs. 0.297). Morehead State, meanwhile, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (30.6 vs. 29.2).
The Bisons will look to keep it rolling after defeating the Emory University Eagles in their last outing, 98-83. Lipscomb received a boost from Garrison Mathews, who was the game’s leading scorer with 37 points on 11-for-21 shooting. Lipscomb played a flawless game. They had a free throw rate of 0.382 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 33.3. For those same stats, Emory University recorded marks of 0.171 and 23.8, respectively.
The prolific offense of Lipscomb will clash against the bottom-tier defense of Morehead State. Dating back to last season, the Bisons rank 44th in offensive efficiency, while the Eagles are 265th in defensive efficiency. The Bisons should have the advantage on that side of the ball.
Each team won one of the two games played against each other last season. The Bisons won the last game 98-84. The Bisons dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.322 and an absurd effective field goal percentage of 0.669. The Eagles were 0.157 and 0.521, respectively, for those same stats.
Morehead State Eagles at Lipscomb Bisons Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Lipscomb, ATS Winner – Lipscomb, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Eagles rank 87th in rebounds per game (37.4) while the Bisons rank 192nd in rebounds allowed per game (35.6).
- Lipscomb averages 3.2 blocks per game, which ranks 154th in the NCAA. Morehead State ranks 189th in blocks allowed per game (3.8).
- Lipscomb ranks fifth in three pointers attempted per game (28.1) while Morehead State ranks 238th in three pointers allowed per game (22.6).
- The Bisons rank third in assists per game (18.2) while the Eagles rank 199th in assists allowed per game (13.8).
- Morehead State ranks 85th in steals per game (6.8) while Lipscomb ranks 216th in steals allowed per game (6.7).