The Eastern Kentucky Colonels (14-16, 11-6 OVC) welcome the Morehead State Eagles (13-17, 7-10 OVC) to McBrayer Arena as the regular season comes to a conclusion. The game gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 29, 2020.
Morehead State Eagles at Eastern Kentucky Colonels Betting Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last outing. The Colonels fell to the Murray State Racers, 74-62, while the Eagles were defeated by the Austin Peay Governors, 67-58.
Morehead State had a better effective field goal percentage (0.483 vs. 0.476) while Eastern Kentucky had a better turnover percentage (19.5 vs. 17.8). Eastern Kentucky was led by Jomaru Brown, who finished with 24 points and five rebounds. Tyzhaun Claude, meanwhile played a pivotal role for Morehead State with 15 points and nine rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Brown led the Colonels to a 78-71 victory. He recorded 19 points, nine assists and five rebounds. Eastern Kentucky’s effective field goal percentage was its largest strength over Morehead State. The Colonels had a rate of 0.612 while the Eagles posted a mark of 0.440.
Contrasting tempos will be on display in this matchup. Eastern Kentucky prefers an up-and-down style of play (eighth in possessions per game), while Morehead State is methodical (199th in possessions per game).
Morehead State Eagles at Eastern Kentucky Colonels Pick
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Eastern Kentucky, ATS Winner – Eastern Kentucky, O/U – Over
- Morehead State ranks 87th in rebounds per game (37.1) while Eastern Kentucky ranks 282nd in rebounds allowed per game (40.6).
- The Colonels rank 12th in steals per game (9.1) while the Eagles rank 155th (5.9).
- Morehead State ranks 113th in assists per game (13.5) while Eastern Kentucky ranks 248th in assists allowed per game (14.9).
- The Colonels rank 45th in three pointers attempted per game (25.6) while the Eagles rank 220th (19.8).
- Morehead State ranks 35th in blocks per game (4.5) while Eastern Kentucky ranks 200th (2.1).
- During their last five games, the Colonels have scored an average of 75.6 points per game (0.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 76.6 points per game (0.2 below their season average).
- The Eagles’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 9.4, up from 0.7 for the season.