A six-game home winning streak hangs in the balance for the Austin Peay Governors (9-5, 1-0 OVC) when they clash with the Morehead State Eagles (4-10, 0-1 OVC) at Winfield Dunn Center. The game is scheduled to start at 5 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 5, 2019.
Morehead State Eagles vs. Austin Peay Governors Betting Odds
Both teams had no trouble getting past their last opponent. The Governors defeated the Oakland City Mighty Oaks 114-53, while the Eagles beat the Kentucky Christian Knights 102-82.
Morehead State dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 58.3 and a turnover percentage of 13.1. Kentucky Christian was 25.0 and 19.6, respectively, for those same stats. Austin Peay, on the other hand, played a nearly flawless game. They had a turnover percentage of 10.7 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 48.5. For those same stats, Oakland City was 25.8 and 21.4, respectively. Austin Peay’s Dayton Gumm had a good outing, finishing with 11 points and 10 assists. Morehead State, meanwhile, was lifted by Malek Green, who finished with 18 points and nine rebounds.
The Governors won the sole contest between these two teams last season, 92-76. Austin Peay couldn’t miss, shooting 57.7 percent from the field. Morehead State, on the other hand, had a field goal percentage of 38.2. This is the first time these teams will battle this year.
The Eagles’ Jordan Walker has been playing well over his last five games, averaging 0 points per game. Meanwhile, Terry Taylor has averaged 0 points during that same time frame for the Governors.
Austin Peay could dominate on the offensive side of the ball as their high-octane offense goes up against one of the nation’s worst defenses. The Governors currently rank 58th in offensive efficiency, while Morehead State ranks 307th in defensive efficiency.
Morehead State vs. Austin Peay Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Austin Peay, ATS Winner – Austin Peay, O/U – Over
- Austin Peay ranks 58th in rebounds per game (38.9) while Morehead State ranks 211th in rebounds allowed per game (37.7).
- The Eagles rank 112th in three pointers attempted per game (23.6) while the Governors rank 171st in three pointers allowed per game (23.9).
- Austin Peay ranks 104th in blocks per game (3.2) while Morehead State ranks 142nd in blocks allowed per game (4.6).
- The Governors average 8.1 steals per game, which ranks 37th in the country. The Eagles rank 128th in steals allowed per game (6.9).
- Austin Peay ranks 127th in assists per game (13.9) while Morehead State ranks 195th in assists allowed per game (15.2).
- The Governors’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 5.0, down from 12.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Eagles have scored an average of 82.2 points per game (7.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 84.4 points per game (4.5 above their season average).