The Morehead State Eagles (6-20, 2-13 OVC), who are currently on a seven-game skid, look to get back in the win column when they travel to Curb Event Center to take on the Belmont Bruins (21-7, 13-2 OVC). Belmont is a 17-point favorite on the opening line, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 144 points. Tip-off is set for 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 17, 2018, and it can be seen on CBS Sports Network.
Morehead State Eagles at Belmont Bruins ATS Preview
In the Eagles last game, they fell to the Tennessee State Tigers, 83-74. Djimon Henson put together a solid game for Morehead State, leading the team in scoring with 20 points on 7-for-16 shooting. Making free throws was one of Tennessee State’s largest strengths. They were 21-23 (91.3 percent), while the Eagles were 9-12 (75.0 percent).
The Bruins come in on a high note after defeating the Eastern Kentucky Colonels in their last matchup, 84-73. Belmont was lifted by Amanze Egekeze, who was the teams leading scorer with 19 points on 7-for-11 shooting. The Bruins had an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 38.5 (above their season average of 24.8) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.707 (above their season average of 0.578).
The productive offense of Belmont (32nd in the NCAA with an offensive efficiency of 113.8) will square off against the porous defense of Morehead State (277th in the nation with a defensive efficiency of 107.9). The Bruins should have the edge on that end of the court.
Kevin McClain has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Belmont, averaging 17.0 points and 1.8 steals per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The Bruins won 83-73. Belmont did a great job of making free throws (19-24; 79.2 percent). Morehead State, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (27.3 vs. 14.8). Londell King had a standout performance with 16 points and seven rebounds.
Morehead State Eagles at Belmont Bruins Betting Prediction
Prediction: SU Winner – Belmont, ATS Winner – Morehead State, O/U – Under
- The Bruins rank 35th in rebounds allowed per game (31.8) while the Eagles rank 85th (33.3).
- Belmont ranks 29th in assists allowed per game (11.1) while Morehead State ranks 249th (16.0).
- The Bruins rank fourth in three pointers attempted per game (30.1) while the Eagles rank 179th in three pointers allowed per game (22.7).
- Belmont ranks 37th in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while Morehead State ranks 96th (3.3).
- The Bruins average margin of victory in their last five games has been 10.6, up from 8.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Eagles have scored an average of 68.0 points per game (2.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 76.0 points per game (0.0 below their season average).