The Morehead State Eagles (9-9, 3-2 OVC) and the Belmont Bruins (13-5, 4-1 OVC) go head-to-head at Curb Event Center. The Eagles can snap a seven-game road losing streak. Action gets underway at 5 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 18, 2020.
Morehead State Eagles vs. Belmont Bruins ATS Odds
In their last contest, the Bruins easily got past the Eastern Kentucky Colonels, 87-56, while the Eagles lost to the Tennessee State Tigers, 64-48.
Belmont played a flawless game. They had a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 45.0 (above their season average of 25.3) and a free throw rate of 0.186 (above their season average of 0.146). Eastern Kentucky had marks of 15.6 and 0.109, respectively, for those same stats. Morehead State, on the other hand, forced Tennessee State into a turnover percentage of 21.5 (above the 16.5 mark opponents have averaged against Morehead State this season). Nick Muszynski had a good game for Belmont, recording 16 points and eight rebounds. Morehead State, meanwhile, received a boost from James Baker, who contributed 14 points and five rebounds.
The Bruins dominated this series last year, winning both games. In the most recent contest, Belmont won 96-86. Getting to the free throw line was one of Belmont’s biggest advantages. They made 25 trips to the line, while Morehead State went just nine times. This is the first time these teams will clash this year.
The prolific offense of Belmont will face off against the mid-tier defense of Morehead State. The Bruins currently rank 31st in offensive efficiency, while the Eagles are 153rd in defensive efficiency. The Bruins figure to have the edge on that end of the court.
Morehead State vs. Belmont Odds Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Belmont, ATS Winner – Morehead State, O/U – Over
- Belmont ranks 14th in three pointers attempted per game (28.4) while Morehead State ranks 215th (19.3).
- The Eagles rank 38th in blocks per game (4.6) while the Bruins rank 95th (3.4).
- Morehead State ranks 122nd in steals per game (6.7) while Belmont ranks 124th in steals allowed per game (6.7).
- The Bruins average 40.8 rebounds per game, which ranks 22nd in the nation. The Eagles rank 185th in rebounds allowed per game (36.4).
- Belmont ranks second in assists per game (19.1) while Morehead State ranks 95th (14.1).
- The Eagles have scored an equal number of points as their opponents. For the season, Morehead State has defeated opponents by an average of 3.2 points.
- During their last five games, the Bruins have scored an average of 83.4 points per game (1.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 66.4 points per game (0.9 below their season average).