The Austin Peay Governors (19-10, 13-3 OVC) close out their home schedule at Winfield Dunn Center against the Morehead State Eagles (13-16, 7-9 OVC). The game gets underway at 8:30 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 27, 2020.
Morehead State Eagles at Austin Peay Governors ATS Odds
In their last game, the Governors lost a tough one against the Eastern Illinois Panthers, 83-80, while the Eagles won a close one over the Tennessee State Tigers, 66-63.
The Eagles had a superb free throw rate of 0.250 (above their season average of 0.190) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.563 (above their season average of 0.482). Austin Peay, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (32.4 vs. 26.8). Terry Taylor had a good performance for Austin Peay with 26 points and 16 rebounds. Morehead State, meanwhile, was led by James Baker, who finished with 21 points and nine rebounds.
The Governors dominated this series last year, winning all three contests. In the most recent matchup, Austin Peay won 95-81. Austin Peay won the rebounding battle. The Governors had 17 offensive rebounds and 46 total rebounds, while the Eagles had six and 26, respectively. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Austin Peay does a great job at getting to the charity stripe. They rank 37th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.278), but Morehead State is among the best in the NCAA at keeping opponents off the line (ranking 60th by allowing a FTA rate of 0.189).
Morehead State Eagles vs. Austin Peay Governors ATS Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Austin Peay, ATS Winner – Morehead State, O/U – Under
- Austin Peay ranks 20th in blocks allowed per game (2.4) while Morehead State ranks 181st (5.0).
- The Governors rank 146th in rebounds per game (35.7) while the Eagles rank 207th in rebounds allowed per game (36.5).
- The Governors rank 47th in three pointers allowed per game (18.9) while the Eagles rank 197th (22.7).
- Morehead State ranks 105th in assists per game (13.7) while Austin Peay ranks 198th in assists allowed per game (13.7).
- During their last five games, the Governors have scored an average of 77.0 points per game (0.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 73.4 points per game (1.4 above their season average).
- The Eagles’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 9.0, up from 0.4 for the season.