The Montana State Bobcats (14-13, 8-8 BigSky) will be at The Hornets Nest to square off against the Sacramento State Hornets (14-12, 7-10 BigSky) in a BigSky matchup. Action starts at 10:05 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 27, 2020.
Montana State Bobcats at Sacramento State Hornets ATS Odds
In their last outing, the Hornets beat the Idaho Vandals, 67-56, while the Bobcats lost to the Montana Grizzlies, 59-54.
Sacramento State dominated every stat category in the game. They had a superb free throw rate of 0.268 (above their season average of 0.224) and a turnover percentage of 15.5 (better than their season average of 16.6). Idaho put up marks of 0.143 and 23.9, respectively, for those same stats. Montana State, on the other hand, did a fantastic job of making free throws (17-22; 77.3 percent). Osi Nwachukwu had a good game for Sacramento State with 20 points and five rebounds. Harald Frey, meanwhile had a good game for Montana State, finishing with 18 points.
In their first matchup this season, Frey led the Bobcats to a 66-51 win. He produced 18 points, seven assists and five rebounds. The Bobcats’ 14.8 turnover percentage was their largest strength over the Hornets, who had a mark of 19.5.
Expect this one to be a clinic on boxing out as two of the country’s top rebounding teams battle. The Hornets are among the nation’s elite on the offensive glass, ranking 51st in offensive rebounding percentage at 32.5 percent. Meanwhile, Montana State ranks 35th in the NCAA at corralling defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 75.8 percent. Moreover, the Bobcats rank 268th in offensive efficiency (98.8), while the Hornets rank 21st in defensive efficiency (92.4).
Montana State Bobcats at Sacramento State Hornets Free Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Sacramento State, ATS Winner – Sacramento State, O/U – Over
- Sacramento State ranks fourth in three pointers allowed per game (15.0) while Montana State ranks 212th (23.1).
- The Hornets rank 23rd in assists allowed per game (10.3) while the Bobcats rank 77th (11.7).
- Sacramento State ranks 24th in rebounds allowed per game (31.2) while Montana State ranks 74th (33.2).
- The Hornets rank 33rd in steals allowed per game (5.2) while the Bobcats rank 145th (6.6).
- Sacramento State ranks 59th in blocks per game (4.0) while Montana State ranks 137th in blocks allowed per game (3.6).
- During their last five games, the Bobcats have scored an average of 66.0 points per game (1.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 70.4 points per game (3.8 above their season average).
- The Hornets’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 5.2, up from 3.0 for the season.