The Binghamton Bearcats (1-3) and the Montana State Bobcats (1-2) clash in the Cancun Challenge – Mayan Division at Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya. Action begins at 12:30 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 21, 2017.
Montana State Bobcats vs. Binghamton Bearcats Odds Preview
The last time the Bobcats played, they fell to the Louisiana Tech Bulldogs, 71-58. With 17 points on 5-for-12 shooting, Harald Frey was Montana States high scorer. One of Louisiana Techs largest advantages was getting to the free throw line. They made 34 trips to the line, while Montana State went just 14 times.
The Bearcats are trying to rebound after their 66-61 loss to the Evansville Aces in their last contest. J.C. Show led Binghamton in scoring with 27 points on 9-for-12 shooting. Evansville had an offensive rebounding percentage of 34.4 (above their season average of 21.3). Binghamton, meanwhile, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.520 vs. 0.500).
It could be a difficult game for Binghamton on the offensive glass. Dating back to last season, the Bearcats rank 326th in offensive rebounding percentage (23.6 percent), while Montana State ranks 92nd in defensive rebounding percentage (73.0 percent). This game should be a matchup of conflicting paces. The fast-breaking Bobcats rank 36th in possessions per game, while the more half-court oriented Bearcats rank 282nd.
Montana State Bobcats vs. Binghamton Bearcats Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Montana State, ATS Winner – Montana State, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Bobcats rank 186th in steals per game (5.8) while the Bearcats rank 235th (5.3).
- Binghamton ranks 202nd in blocks per game (2.8) while Montana State ranks 236th (2.4).
- Montana State ranks 119th in rebounds per game (36.6) while Binghamton ranks 280th (32.8).
- The Bobcats rank 14th in three pointers attempted per game (26.4) while the Bearcats rank 159th (21.3).
- Montana State averages 13.5 assists per game, which ranks 164th in the NCAA. Binghamton ranks 223rd in assists allowed per game (14.1).