To get their season started, the Montana State Bobcats will travel to Dee Glen Smith Spectrum and meet the Utah State Aggies (0-1). The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 143.5 points with Utah State set as a 6-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 9 p.m. ET on Monday, November 13, 2017.
Montana State Bobcats vs. Utah State Aggies ATS Preview
The last time the Aggies played, they were topped by the Weber State Wildcats, 65-59. Alexis Dargenton led Utah State in scoring with 12 points on 4-for-8 shooting. Weber State had a better effective field goal percentage (0.481 vs. 0.407). Utah State, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (15.0 vs. 17.6).
Montana State did not make the tournament following a 16-16 regular season last season.
Looking at effective field goal percentage, Utah State should have a noteworthy edge. Since the 2016-17 season, the Aggies offense ranks 97th in that metric at 0.526, while the Montana State defense ranks 266th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.521). Furthermore, the Bobcats rank 49th in turnover percentage (16.8 percent), while the Aggies rank 325th in opponents turnover percentage (16.1 percent).
Last season, the Bobcats were 16-16 straight up (SU) and 13-16 against the spread (ATS). Montana States games had a tendency to finish under the O/U total (51.7 percent).
The Aggies, meanwhile, are 14-18 SU and 11-16-1 ATS since last season. Vegas has had a tendency to set the total high when Utah State has been involved over that same stretch as 60.7 percent of their games have finished under the O/U total.
Montana State Bobcats vs. Utah State Aggies Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Utah State, ATS Winner – Utah State, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Aggies rank 185th in blocks per game (2.9) while the Bobcats rank 236th (2.4).
- Montana State ranks 180th in assists per game (13.2) while Utah State ranks 213th in assists allowed per game (13.9).
- Montana State ranks 13th in three pointers attempted per game (26.7) while Utah State ranks 214th in three pointers allowed per game (22.1).
- The Aggies rank 139th in rebounds allowed per game (34.6) while the Bobcats rank 244th (37.0).
- Montana State ranks 183rd in steals per game (5.7) while Utah State ranks 255th (4.8).