The Montana State Bobcats (14-11, 8-6 BigSky) will be at The Viking Pavilion to challenge the Portland State Vikings (13-14, 7-8 BigSky) in a BigSky matchup. Action begins at 10:05 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 20, 2020.
Montana State Bobcats at Portland State Vikings Betting Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. The Vikings won big over the Idaho Vandals 90-69, while the Bobcats were victorious over the Weber State Wildcats 77-63.
Montana State dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.250 (matching their season average) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 36.7 (above their season average of 22.4). Weber State had marks of 0.133 and 27.0, respectively, for those same stats. The Vikings, on the other hand, had a ridiculously low turnover percentage of 8.5 (better than their season average of 15.0) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.575 (above their season average of 0.489). Portland State’s Matt Hauser led the way, finishing with 24 points and five assists. Montana State was lifted by Jubrile Belo, who contributed 23 points and 11 rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Holland Woods led the Vikings to a 77-76 win. He scored a game-high 30 points. The Vikings’ offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest strength over the Bobcats. Portland State had a rate of 35.3, while Montana State posted a mark of 28.1.
Expect this one to be a clinic on boxing out as two of the nation’s top rebounding teams clash. The Vikings are among the NCAA’s elite on the offensive glass, ranking fifth in offensive rebounding percentage at 37.3 percent. Meanwhile, Montana State ranks 36th in the nation at corralling defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 76.0 percent.
Montana State vs. Portland State Betting Pick
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Montana State, ATS Winner – Montana State, O/U – Over
- Montana State ranks 88th in assists allowed per game (11.7) while Portland State ranks 269th (16.0).
- The Vikings rank 49th in blocks per game (4.2) while the Bobcats rank 186th (2.2).
- Montana State ranks 149th in rebounds per game (35.5) while Portland State ranks 167th in rebounds allowed per game (35.4).
- The Vikings rank 33rd in three pointers allowed per game (18.6) while the Bobcats rank 213th (23.6).
- Portland State ranks 19th in steals per game (8.7) while Montana State ranks 184th (5.6).
- The Vikings’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 0.8, down from 2.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bobcats have scored an average of 67.0 points per game (0.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 66.8 points per game (0.7 above their season average).