The Northern Arizona Lumberjacks (16-11, 10-8 BigSky) close out their home schedule at Walkup Skydome against the Montana State Bobcats (14-14, 8-9 BigSky). Action starts at 6 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 29, 2020.
Montana State Bobcats vs. Northern Arizona Lumberjacks Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Lumberjacks edged the Montana Grizzlies, 57-56, while the Bobcats lost big to the Sacramento State Hornets, 81-52.
Northern Arizona played a nearly flawless contest. They had a superb free throw rate of 0.267 (above their season average of 0.216) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 19.2 (below their season average of 27.4). Montana put up marks of 0.000 and 4.5, respectively, for those same stats. Montana State, meanwhile, had a free throw rate of 0.600 (above their season average of 0.262). Cameron Shelton had a good game for Northern Arizona, recording 15 points and nine rebounds. Montana State was lifted by Harald Frey, who had 12 points.
In their first matchup this year, Jubrile Belo led the Bobcats to a 63-61 victory. He recorded 17 points and nine rebounds. Montana State was effective at getting to and converting from the free throw line. The Bobcats made 25 of their 28 free throws (89.3 percent), while the Lumberjacks were just 5-10 (50.0 percent).
Northern Arizona should be expected to protect the ball well in this contest. Northern Arizona ranks 54th in the nation at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 17.1 percent), while Montana State forces the 32nd-fewest turnovers (16.7 percent). Moreover, the Bobcats rank 307th in offensive rebounding percentage (23.5 percent), while the Lumberjacks rank 60th in defensive rebounding percentage (75.1 percent).
Montana State vs. Northern Arizona ATS Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Northern Arizona, ATS Winner – Northern Arizona, O/U – Under
- Northern Arizona ranks 102nd in assists per game (13.7) while Montana State ranks 231st (11.3).
- The Lumberjacks rank 212th in three pointers attempted per game (20.1) while the Bobcats rank 284th (17.4).
- The Lumberjacks rank 25th in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while the Bobcats rank 139th (3.6).
- Northern Arizona ranks 45th in steals allowed per game (5.5) while Montana State ranks 156th (6.8).
- During their last five games, the Lumberjacks have scored an average of 68.2 points per game (3.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 70.0 points per game (0.6 above their season average).
- The Bobcats’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 5.2, up from 0.4 for the season.