A seven-game home winning streak is on the line for the South Dakota State Jackrabbits (10-4) when they meet the Montana Grizzlies (6-4) at Frost Arena. Action starts at 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 22, 2018.
Montana Grizzlies vs. South Dakota State Jackrabbits ATS Odds
Both teams beat their last opponent. The Jackrabbits defeated the Grand Canyon Antelopes 79-74, while the Grizzlies beat the Georgia State Panthers 81-74.
The Grizzlies had a much better free throw rate (0.509 vs. 0.167) and had a better effective field goal percentage (0.482 vs. 0.431). South Dakota State, meanwhile, played a nearly flawless game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 38.9 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.543. For those same stats, Grand Canyon recorded marks of 27.7 and 0.407, respectively. Mike Daum had a solid performance for South Dakota State, putting up 20 points and 13 rebounds. Montana rallied around Michael Oguine, who had 15 points and 10 rebounds.
The Grizzlies’ Ahmaad Rorie has been playing well over his last five games, averaging 0 points per game. Meanwhile, Daum has averaged 0 points during that same time frame for the Jackrabbits.
The physical South Dakota State offense seems poised to dominate from the charity stripe. The Jackrabbits rank 46th in the country with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.285, while Montana ranks 309th in FTA rate allowed (0.286). Furthermore, put-back points figure to be rare for the Grizzlies. They rank 257th in the country in offensive rebounding percentage at 26.4 percent, while the Jackrabbits are 15th-best on the defensive glass (defensive rebounding percentage of 77.3 percent).
Montana at South Dakota State ATS Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – South Dakota State, ATS Winner – Montana, O/U – Under
- Montana ranks 22nd in three pointers allowed per game (18.4) while South Dakota State ranks 259th (31.3).
- The Grizzlies are 21st in the nation with 10.0 assists allowed per game while the Jackrabbits are 49th with 11.3 assists allowed per game.
- Montana ranks 86th in steals per game (6.8) while South Dakota State ranks 90th in steals allowed per game (6.3).
- The Jackrabbits rank 38th in rebounds per game (39.8) while the Grizzlies rank 226th (30.6).
- Montana ranks 17th in blocks allowed per game (2.2) while South Dakota State ranks 70th (3.1).
- The Jackrabbits’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 7.0, down from 14.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Grizzlies have scored an average of 80.6 points per game (9.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 69.2 points per game (2.2 above their season average).