The No. 3 Michigan Wolverines (28-7) will be 11.5-point favorites in the First Round of the NCAA Tournament at Intrust Bank Arena when they clash with the No. 14 Montana Grizzlies (26-7). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 135 points and it starts at 9:50 p.m. ET on Thursday, March 15, 2018.
Montana Grizzlies vs. Michigan Wolverines ATS Odds
Both teams were victorious over their last opponent. The Wolverines defeated the eighth-ranked Purdue Boilermakers 75-66, while the Grizzlies beat the Eastern Washington Eagles 82-65.
Montana played a nearly flawless game. They had a superb free throw rate of 0.306 (above their season average of 0.276) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.684 (above their season average of 0.514). For those same stats, Eastern Washington was 0.033 and 0.525, respectively. The Wolverines, on the other hand, had a fantastically low turnover percentage of 7.4 (better than their season average of 12.5) and had a free throw rate of 0.288 (above their season average of 0.197). Michigan was led by Moritz Wagner, who had 17 points. Meanwhile, Michael Oguine fueled Montana with 21 points.
The game should be a battle of strength against strength as the high-octane offense of Michigan takes on the elite defense of Montana. The Wolverines rank 31st in offensive efficiency, while the Grizzlies are 31st in defensive efficiency. Additionally, the Grizzlies, who rank 39th in offensive rebounding percentage (33.8 percent), will face off against the Wolverines, who rank 42nd in defensive rebounding percentage (75.1 percent).
Vegas has a tendency to set the total low when the Grizzlies are involved, as 61.3 percent of their games have finished over the total. Montana holds records of 26-7 straight up (SU) and 19-12 against the spread (ATS).
Games including the Wolverines have gone over the projected point total 52.9 percent of the time. Additionally, Michigan owns records of 28-7 SU and 22-12 ATS.
Michael Oguine has really been playing well as of late for Montana, averaging 17.2 points, 8.8 rebounds and 1.2 steals over the last five games.
Montana Grizzlies vs. Michigan Wolverines Betting Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Michigan, ATS Winner – Montana, O/U – Under
- Michigan ranks 57th in three pointers attempted per game (24.8) while Montana ranks 288th (16.2).
- The Wolverines average 3.2 blocks per game, which ranks 145th in the NCAA. The Grizzlies rank 177th in blocks allowed per game (3.8).
- Montana is 10th in the nation with 10.1 assists allowed per game while Michigan is 14th with 10.4 assists allowed per game.
- The Grizzlies rank 82nd in rebounds per game (37.1) while the Wolverines rank 250th (33.3).
- Montana ranks 21st in steals per game (7.8) while Michigan ranks 128th (6.3).
- During their last five games, the Grizzlies have scored an average of 81.4 points per game (3.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 70.2 points per game (1.5 above their season average).
- The Wolverines’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 13.8, up from 10.9 for the season.