The Montana Grizzlies (10-6, 3-2 BigSky) will be at Bank of Colorado Arena to square off against the Northern Colorado Bears (10-5, 4-0 BigSky) in a BigSky matchup. Action begins at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 12, 2019.
Montana Grizzlies vs. Northern Colorado Bears ATS Odds
In their last contest, the Bears beat the Eastern Washington Eagles, 75-63, while the Grizzlies fell to the Eastern Washington Eagles, 78-71.
The Bears knocked down 16 of their 22 free throws (72.7 percent) and held the Eagles to an effective field goal percentage of 0.426 (below the 0.513 mark opponents have averaged against Northern Colorado this season). Montana, on the other hand, held Eastern Washington to an offensive rebounding percentage of 20.7 (below the 29.5 mark opponents have averaged against Montana this season). Northern Colorado’s Jordan Davis led the way, contributing 30 points and five assists. Montana, meanwhile, was led by Sayeed Pridgett, who put up 16 points and nine rebounds.
The Grizzlies dominated this series last year, winning all three games. In the last matchup, Montana won 91-89. The Grizzlies’ turnover percentage was their biggest advantage over the Bears. Montana had a rate of 7.5, while Northern Colorado posted a mark of 17.6. This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year.
Northern Colorado should have the advantage on the offensive side of the ball. The Bears rank 23rd in offensive efficiency, while Montana ranks 158th in defensive efficiency.
Montana at Northern Colorado Odds Pick
Free College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Northern Colorado, ATS Winner – Northern Colorado, O/U – Under
- Northern Colorado ranks 23rd in three pointers attempted per game (28.0) while Montana ranks 145th (22.5).
- The Grizzlies rank 14th in blocks allowed per game (2.2) while the Bears rank 65th (3.0).
- Montana averages 6.4 steals per game, which ranks 106th in the nation. Northern Colorado ranks 131st in steals allowed per game (7.0).
- The Bears rank 125th in rebounds per game (36.3) while the Grizzlies rank 226th (32.8).
- Montana ranks 10th in assists allowed per game (9.8) while Northern Colorado ranks 66th (11.9).
- During their last five games, the Grizzlies have scored an average of 81.4 points per game (6.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 72.0 points per game (3.0 above their season average).
- The Bears’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.8, down from 9.7 for the season.