The Montana Grizzlies (16-10, 12-3 BigSky) travel to Max Worthington Arena to meet the Montana State Bobcats (14-12, 8-7 BigSky). The Grizzlies look to extend their five-game winning streak. Action gets underway at 9 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020.
Montana Grizzlies at Montana State Bobcats Betting Odds
In their last contest, the Bobcats lost to the Portland State Vikings, 87-77, while the Grizzlies defeated the Idaho State Bengals, 78-63.
The Grizzlies had a ridiculous effective field goal percentage of 0.610 (above their season average of 0.516) and had a better turnover percentage (15.1 vs. 18.9). Montana State, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 40.0 (above their season average of 22.9). Montana State’s Amin Adamu played well, contributing 21 points, eight rebounds and five assists. Montana, meanwhile, rallied around Sayeed Pridgett, who finished with 24 points, 11 rebounds and nine assists.
In their first matchup this year, Pridgett led the Grizzlies to a 78-64 victory. He produced 24 points, five rebounds and five assists. Montana’s 0.602 effective field goal percentage was its largest strength over Montana State, who had a mark of 0.468.
It could be a mistake-prone game for the Montana State offense. Montana State ranks 275th in the country in ball protection (turnover percentage of 20.5 percent), while the ball-hawking defense of Montana forces the 95th-most turnovers in the country (20.8 percent). Moreover, put-back points figure to be tough to come by for the Grizzlies. They rank 337th in the nation in offensive rebounding percentage at 21.4 percent, while the Bobcats are 35th-best on the defensive glass (defensive rebounding percentage of 75.9 percent).
Montana vs. Montana State Odds Pick
Free Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Montana, ATS Winner – Montana, O/U – Over
- Montana ranks 16th in three pointers allowed per game (17.2) while Montana State ranks 209th (23.5).
- The Grizzlies rank 30th in assists allowed per game (10.5) while the Bobcats rank 96th (11.8).
- The Bobcats rank 152nd in rebounds per game (35.4) while the Grizzlies rank 278th (31.8).
- Montana ranks 50th in blocks allowed per game (2.8) while Montana State ranks 134th (3.6).
- During their last five games, the Bobcats have scored an average of 69.6 points per game (1.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 68.6 points per game (1.7 above their season average).
- The Grizzlies’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 17.0, up from 2.8 for the season.