The UNC Asheville Bulldogs (2-2) will be at home in Kimmel Arena when they go head-to-head with the Monmouth Hawks (2-2). Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 22, 2017.
Monmouth Hawks vs. UNC Asheville Bulldogs Betting Preview
The Hawks lost big to the Virginia Cavaliers in their last matchup, 73-53. Monmouths Deion Hammond had a solid performance, contributing 12 points. Virginia had a much better turnover percentage (11.9 vs. 19.4). Monmouth, meanwhile, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (27.0 vs. 25.0).
In the Bulldogs last matchup, they beat the Austin Peay Governors, 82-79. UNC Asheville received a boost from MaCio Teague, who led the team in scoring with 26 points on 9-for-15 shooting. The Bulldogs had a solid effective field goal percentage of 0.594 (above their season average of 0.523) and had a free throw rate of 0.358 (above their season average of 0.279).
Looking at effective field goal percentage, this appears to be a matchup of two heavyweights. Since the 2016-17 season, the UNC Asheville offense ranks 41st in the NCAA in that metric at 0.545, while the Monmouth defense ranks 58th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.474).
Monmouth Hawks at UNC Asheville Bulldogs Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Monmouth, ATS Winner – Monmouth, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Bulldogs average 9.2 steals per game, which ranks sixth in the NCAA. The Hawks rank 142nd in steals allowed per game (6.1).
- UNC Asheville ranks 163rd in three pointers allowed per game (21.2) while Monmouth ranks 273rd (23.6).
- Monmouth ranks 59th in blocks per game (4.3) while UNC Asheville ranks 273rd (2.1).
- The Hawks rank 47th in rebounds per game (38.4) while the Bulldogs rank 249th (34.1).
- UNC Asheville ranks 64th in assists per game (15.3) while Monmouth ranks 239th (12.2).