The No. 23 Seton Hall Pirates (1-0) will be at home in Prudential Center when they square off with the Monmouth Hawks (1-0). Seton Hall opened as a 16-point favorite, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 153 points. Tip-off is set for 1:30 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 12, 2017.
Monmouth Hawks at Seton Hall Pirates ATS Preview
In the Hawks’ last matchup, they edged the Bucknell Bison, 79-78. Micah Seaborn led Monmouth in scoring with 21 points on 5-for-11 shooting. The Hawks had a much better free throw rate (0.471 vs. 0.106) and had a better effective field goal percentage (0.539 vs. 0.538).
The Pirates will look to keep it rolling after blowing out the Fairleigh Dickinson Knights in their last outing, 90-68. Seton Hall’s Angel Delgado played a key role with 10 points and 10 rebounds. Seton Hall dominated every facet of the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 50.0 and a turnover percentage of 15.5. For those same stats, Fairleigh Dickinson recorded marks of 25.7 and 21.2, respectively.
The offensive glass should be a huge edge for Seton Hall in this showdown. The Pirates rank 19th in offensive rebounding percentage (36.2 percent), while Monmouth ranks 218th in defensive rebounding percentage (70.2 percent) dating back to last season.
The Hawks have had an excellent 28-6 straight up (SU) record since last season, but have had trouble covering the spread (13-16-1 against the spread (ATS)). A little over half of Monmouth games have finished under the O/U total since last season.
The Pirates are 22-11 SU since last season, but have struggled covering the spread (14-18-1 ATS). Just over half of Seton Hall’s games have finished under the O/U total over that same stretch.
Monmouth Hawks vs. Seton Hall Pirates Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Seton Hall, ATS Winner – Monmouth, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Hawks rank 82nd in steals per game (6.8) while the Pirates rank 244th in steals allowed per game (7.0).
- Seton Hall ranks 220th in assists per game (12.5) while Monmouth ranks 226th (12.5).
- Seton Hall averages 39.9 rebounds per game, which ranks 16th in the NCAA. Monmouth ranks 282nd in rebounds allowed per game (38.0).
- The Pirates rank 62nd in three pointers allowed per game (19.2) while the Hawks rank 273rd (23.7).
- Monmouth ranks 50th in blocks per game (4.5) while Seton Hall ranks 222nd (2.5).