The Monmouth Hawks (1-0) will travel to Mack Sports Complex to meet the Hofstra Pride (0-1). Action begins at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 9, 2019.
Monmouth Hawks vs. Hofstra Pride ATS Odds
In their last matchup, the Pride lost to the San Jose State Spartans, 79-71, while the Hawks defeated the Lehigh Mountain Hawks, 66-62.
Monmouth played a flawless game. They had a free throw rate of 0.169 and a turnover percentage of 19.5. For those same stats, Lehigh was 0.100 and 21.0, respectively. Hofstra, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (10.1 vs. 13.2). Hofstra received a boost from Eli Pemberton, who finished with 23 points. Meanwhile, Ray Salnave played a key role for Monmouth with 15 points.
Based on historical performance heading into this one, ball protection could play a key role in this meeting. Since the 2018-19 season, Hofstra has committed the fourth-fewest miscues in the nation (turnover percentage of 14.0 percent), while the pesky defense of Monmouth has forced the 46th-most (opponents’ turnover percentage of 21.5 percent). Moreover, the Hawks, who rank 40th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.273), will face a tough challenge against the Pride, who rank 18th in opponents’ FTA rate (0.175).
Monmouth Hawks vs. Hofstra Pride Betting Pick
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Hofstra, ATS Winner – Hofstra, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Hofstra ranks seventh in steals allowed per game (4.7) while Monmouth ranks 208th (6.9).
- The Pride rank 41st in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while the Hawks rank 191st (3.7).
- Monmouth ranks 190th in rebounds per game (34.9) while Hofstra ranks 254th (33.4).
- The Pride rank 135th in three pointers attempted per game (23.0) while the Hawks rank 321st (16.3).
- Hofstra ranks 109th in assists per game (14.0) while Monmouth ranks 281st (11.0).