The Monmouth Hawks (14-11, 8-6 MAAC) will be at the McCann Center to square off with the Marist Red Foxes (6-17, 5-9 MAAC) in a MAAC matchup. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, February 21, 2020.
Monmouth Hawks vs. Marist Red Foxes Betting Odds
Both teams lost in their last game. The Red Foxes fell to the Iona Gaels, 78-70, while the Hawks were defeated by the Niagara Purple Eagles, 77-72.
Monmouth held Niagara to an offensive rebounding percentage of 7.7 (below their season average of 18.7) while Marist had a better turnover percentage (17.8 vs. 19.1). Braden Bell was a key piece for Marist with 13 points and six rebounds. Meanwhile, Melik Martin had a good game for Monmouth, putting up 14 points and five rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Marcus McClary led the Hawks to a 74-66 victory. He registered a double-double with 11 points and 11 rebounds. One of Monmouth’s largest advantages was getting to the charity stripe. They made 36 trips to the line, while Marist went just 10 times.
This could end up being a mistake-prone game for the offense of Marist. Marist ranks 291st in the NCAA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 20.7 percent), while the disruptive defense of Monmouth forces the 45th-most turnovers in the country (22.3 percent).
Monmouth Hawks vs. Marist Red Foxes Odds Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Monmouth, ATS Winner – Monmouth, O/U – Over
- Monmouth ranks 158th in assists per game (12.8) while Marist ranks 261st (9.9).
- The Red Foxes rank 197th in rebounds allowed per game (36.0) while the Hawks rank 258th (38.1).
- Monmouth ranks 152nd in three pointers attempted per game (21.7) while Marist ranks 190th in three pointers allowed per game (22.7).
- The Red Foxes rank 14th in blocks allowed per game (2.3) while the Hawks rank 100th (3.2).
- Monmouth ranks 51st in steals per game (7.7) while Marist ranks 119th in steals allowed per game (6.4).
- The Hawks have outscored opponents by an average of 0.2 points in their last five games. For the season, Monmouth has been defeated by an average of 0.5 points.
- During their last five games, the Red Foxes have scored an average of 65.4 points per game (4.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 62.0 points per game (4.2 below their season average).