The Monmouth Hawks (1-1) will travel to Stabler Arena to take on the Lehigh Mountain Hawks (1-0) in their home opener. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 14, 2017.
Monmouth Hawks at Lehigh Mountain Hawks Free Preview
In the Hawks last matchup, they were beaten by the No. 23 Seton Hall Pirates, 75-65. Monmouths Deion Hammond had a good game, leading the team in scoring with 17 points on 5-for-11 shooting. Seton Hall had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (41.3 vs. 19.2). Monmouth, meanwhile, did a great job of getting to and converting from the charity stripe (22-26; 84.6 percent).
The Mountain Hawks come in on a high note after beating the Marist Red Foxes in their last contest, 84-76. Lehigh was lifted by Lance Tejada, who was the games leading scorer with 24 points on 9-for-20 shooting. The Mountain Hawks had a much better turnover percentage (8.8 vs. 19.1) and had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (27.7 vs. 20.6).
Looking at effective field goal percentage, this appears to be a balanced matchup. Since last season, the Lehigh offense ranks 26th in the nation in that metric at 0.552, while the Monmouth defense ranks 50th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.473). Moreover, the Hawks, who rank 42nd in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.291), will square off against the Mountain Hawks, who rank 54th in opponents FTA rate (0.206).
Monmouth Hawks at Lehigh Mountain Hawks Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Lehigh, ATS Winner – Lehigh, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Mountain Hawks rank 98th in assists per game (14.5) while the Hawks rank 230th (12.3).
- Monmouth ranks 95th in steals per game (6.8) while Lehigh ranks 151st in steals allowed per game (6.2).
- Lehigh ranks 40th in rebounds allowed per game (32.4) while Monmouth ranks 279th (38.1).
- The Mountain Hawks rank 31st in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while the Hawks rank 245th (4.3).
- Monmouth averages 23.4 three pointers per game, which ranks 78th in the nation. Lehigh ranks 233rd in three pointers allowed per game (22.5).