The Long Beach State 49ers (2-2) and the Missouri Tigers (3-1) battle in the AdvoCare Invitational at HP Field House. Action gets underway at 11:30 a.m. ET on Thursday, November 23, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN2.
Missouri Tigers vs. Long Beach State 49ers Free Preview
The last time the Tigers played, they beat the Emporia State Hornets, 67-62. With 11 points and 11 rebounds, Jontay Porter played well for Missouri. Missouri played a nearly perfect game. They had a fantastic offensive rebounding percentage of 51.1 (above their season average of 30.6) and a free throw rate of 0.328 (matching their season average). For those same stats, Emporia State was 30.3 and 0.200, respectively.
The 49ers are trying to rebound after their 91-62 loss to the No. 23 West Virginia Mountaineers in their last contest. Gabe Levin was the games high scorer with 23 points on 8-for-13 shooting. West Virginia’s 11.8 turnover percentage was their largest strength over Long Beach State, who had a rate of 24.7. The Mountaineers mark was better than their season average of 12.4, while the 49ers was above their season average of 19.9.
It will be a battle of conflicting tempos as the up-tempo 49ers will look to push the more methodical Tigers. Since the 2016-17 season, the 49ers rank 43rd in possessions per game while the Tigers are 184th.
Missouri Tigers vs. Long Beach State 49ers Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Missouri, ATS Winner – Missouri, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The 49ers rank 174th in assists per game (13.3) while the Tigers rank 233rd (12.3).
- Long Beach State ranks 206th in blocks per game (2.8) while Missouri ranks 250th (2.3).
- Missouri ranks 59th in steals allowed per game (5.4) while Long Beach State ranks 241st (7.2).
- The Tigers rank 86th in three pointers attempted per game (23.1) while the 49ers rank 262nd (18.6).
- Long Beach State ranks 160th in rebounds per game (36.1) while Missouri ranks 296th in rebounds allowed per game (38.4).