The UNI Panthers (14-15, 6-11 MVC) and Missouri State Bears (17-13, 7-10 MVC) will battle at McLeod Center to close out the regular season. Action gets underway at 1 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 24, 2018.
Missouri State Bears vs. UNI Panthers Odds Preview
The last time the Bears played, they fell to the Bradley Braves, 82-78. With 24 points on 9-for-14 shooting, Jarred Dixon was the games leading scorer. Bradley did a fantastic job of making free throws (25-31; 80.6 percent). Missouri State, meanwhile, held the Braves to an offensive rebounding percentage of 27.3 (below their season average of 32.5).
The Panthers hope to keep it rolling after beating the Valparaiso Crusaders in their last game, 68-63. With 25 points on 8-for-8 shooting, Bennett Koch was the top scorer from either team. UNI played a nearly perfect game. They had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.579 (above their season average of 0.221) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.605 (above their season average of 0.483). For those same stats, Valparaiso was 0.160 and 0.550, respectively.
Half-court execution will be critical when a pair of the NCAA’s slowest-paced teams square off. UNI ranks 342nd in possessions per game (64.7) and Missouri State is 307th (66.6). Additionally, the 19th-ranked defense of the Bears (effective field goal percentage allowed of 0.463) will clash against the 295th-ranked offense of the Panthers (effective field goal percentage of 0.486).
These teams have already met once this season. The Bears won 62-55. Missouri State had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (43.6 vs. 10.5). UNI, on the other hand, had a much better turnover percentage (8.9 vs. 16.5). Alize Johnson put up a double-double in the victory with 24 points and 20 rebounds.
Missouri State Bears at UNI Panthers ATS Prediction
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Missouri State, ATS Winner – Missouri State, O/U – Over
- The Bears average 4.1 blocks per game, which ranks 62nd in the nation. The Panthers rank 105th in blocks allowed per game (3.4).
- Missouri State ranks 28th in rebounds per game (39.0) while UNI ranks 175th (34.9).
- The Bears rank 182nd in assists per game (12.9) while the Panthers rank 261st (10.7).
- UNI ranks 188th in steals per game (5.5) while Missouri State ranks 232nd (4.8).
- The Panthers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 1.8, up from 1.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bears have scored an average of 74.8 points per game (4.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 69.4 points per game (3.4 above their season average).