The Western Kentucky Hilltoppers and Missouri State Bears will battle at E.A. Diddle Arena to kick off the new season. Tip-off is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET on Friday, November 10, 2017.
Missouri State Bears vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers ATS Preview
Western Kentucky failed to reach the tournament following a 15-17 regular season last season. Missouri State also failed to make the tournament following a 17-16 regular season campaign.
Half-court execution will be critical when two of the nation’s slowest-paced teams square off. Western Kentucky ranked 288th in possessions per game (66.9) and Missouri State was 286th (67.0) in the 2016-17 season.
The Bears were 17-16 straight up (SU) last season, but had a difficult time covering the spread (12-16-2 against the spread (ATS)). Of Missouri State’s 30 games with betting action last season, 21 finished over the projected point total.
On the other side, the Hilltoppers were 15-17 SU and 9-18-3 ATS last season. Western Kentucky games had a tendency to finish under the O/U total (66.7 percent).
Missouri State Bears at Western Kentucky Hilltoppers Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Missouri State, ATS Winner – Missouri State, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Bears rank 223rd in steals per game (5.3) while the Hilltoppers rank 277th (4.5).
- Missouri State ranks 31st in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while Western Kentucky ranks 60th (2.9).
- Missouri State ranks 104th in three pointers attempted per game (22.5) while Western Kentucky ranks 246th (18.9).
- The Bears rank 14th in rebounds allowed per game (31.1) while the Hilltoppers rank 130th (34.5).
- Missouri State ranks 148th in assists allowed per game (13.2) while Western Kentucky ranks 254th (14.8).