The Missouri State Bears (8-10, 2-3 MVC) will be at the Knapp Center to square off with the Drake Bulldogs (13-5, 2-3 MVC) in a MVC matchup. Action gets underway at 4 p.m. ET on Sunday, January 20, 2019, and can be seen on ESPN 3.
Missouri State Bears at Drake Bulldogs ATS Odds
In their last matchup, the Bulldogs were victorious over the Bradley Braves, 69-52, while the Bears fell to the Evansville Aces, 70-64.
The Bulldogs had an absurd effective field goal percentage of 0.610 (above their season average of 0.554) and had an offensive rebounding percentage of 37.0 (above their season average of 26.2). Missouri State, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 9.9 (better than their season average of 16.3). Drake’s Nick McGlynn played well, recording 19 points and 11 rebounds. Missouri State was lifted by Tulio Da Silva, who contributed 14 points and 13 rebounds.
The Bulldogs dominated this series last year, taking both contests. In the last game, Drake won 67-63. Drake did an excellent job of making free throws (9-11; 81.8 percent). Missouri State, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (25.0 vs. 16.7). This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
From an effective field goal percentage perspective, Drake figures to have a significant advantage. The sweet-shooting Bulldogs offense ranks 34th in the country in that metric at 0.557, while the porous Missouri State defense is ranked 317th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.542).
Missouri State vs. Drake Betting Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Drake, ATS Winner – Drake, O/U – Under
- Drake averages 25.9 three pointers per game, which ranks 47th in the nation. Missouri State ranks 215th in three pointers allowed per game (25.1).
- The Bears average 7.6 steals per game, which ranks 57th in the country. The Bulldogs rank 166th in steals allowed per game (7.9).
- Drake ranks 97th in blocks per game (3.4) while Missouri State ranks 102nd in blocks allowed per game (3.5).
- The Bulldogs average 16.9 assists per game, which ranks 18th in the NCAA. The Bears rank 185th in assists allowed per game (14.7).
- Drake ranks 121st in rebounds per game (36.3) while Missouri State ranks 233rd (33.4).
- During their last five games, the Bulldogs have scored an average of 71.2 points per game (7.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 69.2 points per game (2.5 below their season average).
- The Bears have been outscored by an average of 1.4 points in their last five games. On the season, Missouri State has defeated opponents by an average of 1.3 points.