The Utah State Aggies (2-0) will be at home in Dee Glen Smith Spectrum when they clash with the Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils (0-2). The game begins at 9 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 13, 2018.
Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils vs. Utah State Aggies ATS Odds
In their last matchup, the Aggies dismantled the Hartford Hawks, 100-73, while the Delta Devils got blown out by the Texas Tech Red Raiders, 84-52.
The Aggies had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (48.5 vs. 22.0) and had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.593 vs. 0.445). Mississippi Valley State, on the other hand, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.417 vs. 0.563). Utah State’s Dwayne Brown Jr. had a good outing, finishing with 24 points and six rebounds. Mississippi Valley State, meanwhile, was lifted by Jordan Evans, who put up 16 points.
The Aggies won the lone contest between these two teams last season, 83-47. The Aggies’ 9.5 turnover percentage was their largest advantage over the Delta Devils, who had a mark of 23.2.
The elite offense of Utah State will go head-to-head against the porous defense of Mississippi Valley State. Since the 2017-18 season, the Aggies offense ranks 56th in effective field goal percentage (0.540), while the Mississippi Valley State defense ranks 334th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.553). The Aggies figure to have the advantage on that end of the court.
Mississippi Valley State vs. Utah State ATS Pick
Free Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Mississippi Valley State, ATS Winner – Mississippi Valley State, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- Utah State ranks 53rd in three pointers attempted per game (25.2) while Mississippi Valley State ranks 300th (17.8).
- The Aggies rank 76th in blocks allowed per game (2.9) while the Delta Devils rank 254th (5.4).
- Mississippi Valley State ranks 184th in steals per game (5.8) while Utah State ranks 246th (5.1).
- The Aggies rank 80th in rebounds allowed per game (33.2) while the Delta Devils rank 316th (40.5).
- Utah State ranks 121st in assists per game (14.2) while Mississippi Valley State ranks 300th (9.9).