The Utah Runnin Utes (1-0) will be at home in Jon M. Huntsman Center when they square off with the Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils (0-1). Tip-off is set for 9 p.m. ET on Monday, November 13, 2017, and it can be seen on Pac-12 Network.
Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils vs. Utah Runnin Utes Odds Preview
The Delta Devils lost big to the BYU Cougars in their last matchup, 91-61. Mississippi Valley States Tereke Eckwood had a solid performance, leading the team in scoring with 16 points on 5-for-12 shooting. BYU had a much better free throw rate (0.232 vs. 0.109). Mississippi Valley State, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (8.1 vs. 12.1).
In the Runnin Utes last game, they thoroughly outplayed the Prairie View A&M Panthers, 83-62. Utah was lifted by Tyler Rawson, who recorded 16 points and nine rebounds. Utah dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.357 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 30.3. Prairie View A&M put up marks of 0.246 and 22.5, respectively, for those same stats.
The high-octane offense of Utah will face off against the bottom-tier defense of Mississippi Valley State. Dating back to last season, the Runnin Utes rank 53rd in offensive efficiency, while the Delta Devils are 346th in defensive efficiency. The Runnin Utes figure to have the edge on that side of the ball. Additionally, the Delta Devils, who rank 292nd in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.214), will face off against the Runnin Utes, who rank 59th in opponents FTA rate (0.208).
Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils at Utah Runnin Utes Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Utah, ATS Winner – Utah, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Runnin Utes rank 125th in blocks per game (3.5) while the Delta Devils rank 269th (1.8).
- Utah averages 6.0 steals per game, which ranks 159th in the NCAA. Mississippi Valley State ranks 248th in steals allowed per game (7.3).
- Utah ranks 18th in rebounds allowed per game (31.2) while Mississippi Valley State ranks 303rd (39.2).
- The Runnin Utes rank 38th in assists allowed per game (11.3) while the Delta Devils rank 293rd (16.4).
- Utah ranks 89th in three pointers allowed per game (19.7) while Mississippi Valley State ranks 272nd (23.5).