The Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils (3-25, 2-13 SWAC) will be at the Williams Center to square off with the Jackson State Tigers (10-17, 7-7 SWAC) in a SWAC matchup. Action begins at 6:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 29, 2020.
Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils at Jackson State Tigers ATS Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last game. The Tigers lost a tough one against the Grambling State Tigers, 63-61, while the Delta Devils lost big to the Prairie View A&M Panthers, 88-69.
Mississippi Valley State did a great job of converting from the free throw line (17-23; 73.9 percent) while Jackson State had a better turnover percentage (17.2 vs. 19.9). Jackson State was lifted by Venjie Wallis, who finished with 15 points and five rebounds. Meanwhile, Michael Green played a key role for Mississippi Valley State with 12 points and six rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Roland Griffin led the Tigers to an 85-65 win. He scored a game-high 25 points. The Tigers’ 32.5 offensive rebounding percentage was their largest strength over the Delta Devils, who had a mark of 20.8.
It will be a matchup of opposite tempos as the fast-breaking Delta Devils (ranked first in the country in possessions per game) will look to push the more half-court-oriented Tigers (107th in possessions per game).
Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils at Jackson State Tigers ATS Pick
Free College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Jackson State, ATS Winner – Jackson State, O/U – Under
- Mississippi Valley State ranks 21st in three pointers attempted per game (27.5) while Jackson State ranks 281st (17.6).
- The Tigers rank 34th in steals per game (8.0) while the Delta Devils rank 167th in steals allowed per game (6.9).
- The Tigers rank 120th in assists allowed per game (12.3) while the Delta Devils rank 283rd (19.6).
- Mississippi Valley State ranks 131st in rebounds per game (36.0) while Jackson State ranks 268th (31.9).
- The Tigers have outscored opponents by an average of 6.2 points in their last five games. On the season, Jackson State has lost by an average of 2.7 points.
- During their last five games, the Delta Devils have scored an average of 75.6 points per game (5.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 86.0 points per game (4.0 below their season average).