The BYU Cougars and Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils will face off at Marriott Center to get their seasons started. Tip-off is set for 9 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 11, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN Full Court.
Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils vs. BYU Cougars Free Preview
BYU failed to make the tournament following a 22-11 regular season last season. Mississippi Valley State also failed to reach the tournament following a 7-25 regular season.
BYU figures to have the advantage on the defensive side of the ball. The Cougars ranked 76th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.479), while Mississippi Valley State was 322nd in effective field goal percentage (0.466) last season. Furthermore, the Delta Devils ranked 282nd in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.218), while the Cougars ranked 41st in opponents’ FTA rate (0.201).
Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils at BYU Cougars Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Mississippi Valley State, ATS Winner – Mississippi Valley State, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Delta Devils average 6.8 steals per game, which ranks 85th in the nation. The Cougars rank 219th in steals allowed per game (7.0).
- BYU ranks 219th in three pointers attempted per game (19.6) while Mississippi Valley State ranks 315th (15.9).
- BYU ranks second in rebounds per game (41.7) while Mississippi Valley State ranks 300th in rebounds allowed per game (39.1).
- The Cougars rank 44th in assists per game (15.7) while the Delta Devils rank 292nd in assists allowed per game (16.3).
- BYU ranks 47th in blocks per game (4.6) while Mississippi Valley State ranks 270th (1.9).