Expect a fast-paced game when the Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils (3-21, 2-9 SWAC) visit Alcorn State to take on the Braves (10-12, 6-5 SWAC). Action begins at 6:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils vs. Alcorn State Braves ATS Odds
In their last outing, the Braves lost to the Grambling State Tigers, 80-71, while the Delta Devils defeated the Alabama A&M Bulldogs, 67-61.
The Delta Devils knocked down 18 of their 23 free throws (78.3 percent) and held the Bulldogs to an effective field goal percentage of 0.402 (below the 0.549 mark opponents have averaged against Mississippi Valley State this season). Alcorn State, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (17.1 vs. 16.3). Dominic Brewton had a good game for Alcorn State, recording 23 points. Torico Simmons fueled Mississippi Valley State with 26 points.
In their first matchup this year, Corey Tillery led the Braves to a 105-73 win. He recorded a double-double with 18 points and 10 rebounds. Alcorn State’s rebounding was their largest strength. The Braves had 21 offensive rebounds and 58 total rebounds, while the Delta Devils had 11 and 35, respectively.
There could be a fair amount of transition offense in this battle that features a pair of the country’s more up-tempo teams. Alcorn State currently ranks 43rd in possessions per game (72.8) and Mississippi Valley State is first (78.4).
Mississippi Valley State vs. Alcorn State Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Alcorn State, ATS Winner – Alcorn State, O/U – Under
- Alcorn State averages 38.0 rebounds per game, which ranks 65th in the nation. Mississippi Valley State ranks 294th in rebounds allowed per game (48.5).
- The Braves rank 25th in steals per game (8.3) while the Delta Devils rank 145th in steals allowed per game (6.8).
- The Braves rank 61st in three pointers attempted per game (24.8) while the Delta Devils rank 267th in three pointers allowed per game (25.3).
- Alcorn State ranks 98th in assists per game (13.8) while Mississippi Valley State ranks 264th in assists allowed per game (19.8).
- During their last five games, the Delta Devils have scored an average of 70.8 points per game (1.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 85.0 points per game (4.7 below their season average).
- The Braves have been outscored by an average of 9.0 points in their last five games. On the season, Alcorn State has defeated opponents by an average of 2.5 points.