The Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils (0-6) are off to a slow start and will try to pick up their first win when they go head-to-head with the Samford Bulldogs (1-5) at Pete Hanna Center. Tip-off is scheduled for 3 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 26, 2017.
Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils vs. Samford Bulldogs Odds Preview
In the Delta Devils last contest, they fell to the Southeastern Louisiana Lions, 73-59. Mississippi Valley States Dante Scott finished with 12 points and eight rebounds in the game. Southeastern Louisiana had a turnover percentage of 11.9 (better than their season average of 19.7). Mississippi Valley State, on the other hand, did a terrific job of making free throws (13-17; 76.5 percent).
The Bulldogs are hoping for a better outcome after their 77-71 loss to the Southeastern Louisiana Lions in their last matchup. Demetrius Dyson was the top scorer from either team with 23 points on 9-for-10 shooting. Southeastern Louisiana forced the Bulldogs into a turnover percentage of 21.3 (above their season average of 16.0). Samford, on the other hand, did a fantastic job of making free throws (7-9; 77.8 percent).
Samford figures to have the edge on the offensive side of the ball. The Bulldogs rank 83rd in offensive efficiency, while the Delta Devils rank 350th in defensive efficiency since the 2016-17 season.
Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils vs. Samford Bulldogs Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Samford, ATS Winner – Samford, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Bulldogs average 6.2 steals per game, which ranks 153rd in the NCAA. The Delta Devils rank 251st in steals allowed per game (7.2).
- Samford ranks 252nd in blocks per game (2.3) while Mississippi Valley State ranks 279th (1.9).
- Samford ranks 34th in assists per game (15.9) while Mississippi Valley State ranks 306th in assists allowed per game (16.7).
- The Bulldogs rank 191st in three pointers attempted per game (20.6) while the Delta Devils rank 322nd (15.9).
- Samford ranks 188th in rebounds allowed per game (35.5) while Mississippi Valley State ranks 307th (39.2).