A five-game home winning streak hangs in the balance for the Southern University Jaguars (10-15, 7-5 SWAC) when they square off with the Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils (3-22, 2-10 SWAC) at F.G. Clark Center. The game is scheduled to start at 8:30 p.m. ET on Monday, February 17, 2020.
Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils vs. Southern University Jaguars Betting Odds
In their last contest, the Jaguars won big over the UAPB Golden Lions, 73-49, while the Delta Devils fell to the Alcorn State Braves, 92-88.
Southern University dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 39.4 (above their season average of 31.7) and a turnover percentage of 14.4 (better than their season average of 17.4). UAPB put up marks of 18.2 and 23.3, respectively, for those same stats. Mississippi Valley State, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (12.3 vs. 15.6). Southern University was lifted by Skyler Baggs, who finished with 19 points. Meanwhile, Caleb Hunter played a key role for Mississippi Valley State with 19 points, seven assists and five rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Darius Williams led the Jaguars to a 74-70 win. He put up 15 points and six rebounds. Getting to the free throw line was one of Southern University’s biggest advantages. They had 34 free throw attempts, while Mississippi Valley State had just 13.
Southern University appears to have an edge on the offensive glass in this matchup. The Jaguars rank 66th in offensive rebounding percentage (32.0 percent), while Mississippi Valley State ranks 345th in defensive rebounding percentage (64.7 percent).
Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils vs. Southern University Jaguars ATS Pick
Free College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Southern University, ATS Winner – Southern University, O/U – Over
- Southern University ranks 27th in rebounds allowed per game (31.4) while Mississippi Valley State ranks 300th (48.5).
- The Delta Devils rank 67th in steals per game (7.4) while the Jaguars rank 78th in steals allowed per game (5.9).
- The Jaguars rank 14th in three pointers allowed per game (17.0) while the Delta Devils rank 272nd (25.4).
- Southern University ranks 32nd in assists allowed per game (10.6) while Mississippi Valley State ranks 275th (19.6).
- The Jaguars have outscored opponents by an average of 7.2 points in their last five games. On the season, Southern University has been defeated by an average of 1.4 points.
- During their last five games, the Delta Devils have scored an average of 71.8 points per game (2.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 83.0 points per game (6.8 below their season average).