The Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils (0-3) are off to a slow start and will try to pick up their first victory when they go head-to-head against the Kent State Golden Flashes (2-0) at Memorial A & C Center. Tip-off is set for 3 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 19, 2017.
Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils at Kent State Golden Flashes Odds Preview
The last time the Delta Devils played, they lost big to the Utah State Aggies, 83-47. With 11 points on 3-for-9 shooting, Dante Scott led Mississippi Valley State in scoring. Utah States turnover percentage was their biggest advantage over Mississippi Valley State. The Aggies had a rate of 9.5, while the Delta Devils posted a mark of 23.2.
The Golden Flashes hope to keep it rolling after blowing out the Ohio Christian Trailblazers in their last contest, 90-45. Kent States Adonis De La Rosa played a pivotal role with 14 points and 12 rebounds. Kent State played a perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.222 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 41.0. For those same stats, Ohio Christian was 0.037 and 11.1, respectively.
The offensive glass should be a huge advantage for Kent State in this matchup. The Golden Flashes rank fourth in offensive rebounding percentage (39.0 percent), while Mississippi Valley State ranks 334th in defensive rebounding percentage (65.8 percent) dating back to last season.
The Golden Flashes won the only game against the Delta Devils last season, 93-63. The Golden Flashes played a nearly flawless game. They had an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 52.2 and a turnover percentage of 13.6. The Delta Devils were 14.3 and 19.5, respectively, for those same stats.
Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils at Kent State Golden Flashes Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Kent State, ATS Winner – Kent State, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Golden Flashes rank 114th in steals allowed per game (5.9) while the Delta Devils rank 248th (7.2).
- Kent State ranks 159th in assists allowed per game (13.3) while Mississippi Valley State ranks 293rd (16.6).
- Kent State ranks fifth in rebounds per game (41.0) while Mississippi Valley State ranks 305th in rebounds allowed per game (39.7).
- The Golden Flashes rank 118th in three pointers attempted per game (22.2) while the Delta Devils rank 312th (16.2).
- Kent State ranks 15th in blocks allowed per game (2.4) while Mississippi Valley State ranks 207th (3.9).