The Mississippi State Bulldogs (18-10, 9-6 SEC) will be at Mizzou Arena to go head-to-head against the Missouri Tigers (14-14, 6-9 SEC) in a SEC matchup. Action begins at 3:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 29, 2020, and can be seen on SEC Network.
Mississippi State Bulldogs vs. Missouri Tigers Betting Odds
Both teams defeated their last opponent. The Tigers defeated the Vanderbilt Commodores 61-52, while the Bulldogs beat the Alabama Crimson Tide 80-73.
The Bulldogs knocked down 16 of their 19 free throws (84.2 percent) and held the Crimson Tide to an effective field goal percentage of 0.464 (below their season average of 0.529). Meanwhile, Missouri’s offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest advantage over Vanderbilt. The Tigers had a rate of 25.8 (below their season average of 30.7), while the Commodores posted a mark of 10.5 (below their season average of 25.2). Missouri was lifted by Mitchell Smith, who put up six points and 12 rebounds. Meanwhile, Reggie Perry had a good game for Mississippi State, contributing 21 points and 12 rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Perry led the Bulldogs to a 72-45 win. He recorded a double-double with 23 points and 10 rebounds. The Bulldogs’ 40.0 offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest strength over the Tigers, who had a mark of 25.7.
Half-court execution will be critical when a pair of the nation’s slowest-paced teams face off. Missouri currently ranks 281st in possessions per game (67.2) and Mississippi State is 275th (67.3). Additionally, the Bulldogs, who rank 12th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.293), could get to the line a ton against the Tigers, who rank 347th in opponents’ FTA rate (0.343).
Mississippi State Bulldogs vs. Missouri Tigers Odds Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Missouri, ATS Winner – Missouri, O/U – Under
- Missouri ranks 132nd in three pointers attempted per game (22.3) while Mississippi State ranks 301st (15.8).
- The Tigers rank 109th in steals per game (6.7) while the Bulldogs rank 193rd in steals allowed per game (7.2).
- Mississippi State ranks 12th in rebounds allowed per game (30.2) while Missouri ranks 87th (33.4).
- The Bulldogs rank 118th in assists per game (13.5) while the Tigers rank 229th (11.4).
- Mississippi State averages 5.0 blocks per game, which ranks 17th in the country. Missouri ranks 118th in blocks allowed per game (3.4).
- The Bulldogs have been outscored by an average of 5.2 points in their last five games. For the season, Mississippi State has defeated opponents by an average of 5.2 points.
- During their last five games, the Tigers have scored an average of 72.6 points per game (5.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 70.6 points per game (5.3 above their season average).