The Mississippi State Bulldogs (15-9, 6-5 SEC) and their phenomenal offense head to Arkansas to take on the Razorbacks (16-8, 4-7 SEC) and their tremendous defense. Action begins at 1 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020, and can be seen on SEC Network.
Mississippi State Bulldogs at Arkansas Razorbacks Betting Odds
Both teams were blown out in their last game. The Razorbacks fell to the Tennessee Volunteers, 82-61, while the Bulldogs were defeated by the Ole Miss Rebels, 83-58.
Mississippi State did a great job of getting and making free throws (20-27; 74.1 percent) while Arkansas did a fantastic job of getting to and converting from the charity stripe (26-36; 72.2 percent). Arkansas received a boost from Jimmy Whitt Jr., who recorded 19 points. Reggie Perry had a good game for Mississippi State, contributing 24 points and eight rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Perry led the Bulldogs to a 77-70 victory. He notched a double-double with 26 points and 13 rebounds. Mississippi State was effective at getting to and converting from the free throw line. The Bulldogs made 27 of their 31 free throws (87.1 percent), while the Razorbacks were just 6-11 (54.5 percent).
Opposite tempos will be on display in this meeting. Arkansas has preferred to play quickly (49th in possessions per game), while Mississippi State has been slower-paced (306th in possessions per game). Additionally, the Bulldogs rank 38th in offensive efficiency (110.0), while the Razorbacks rank 33rd in defensive efficiency (92.7).
Mississippi State Bulldogs vs. Arkansas Razorbacks ATS Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Arkansas, ATS Winner – Arkansas, O/U – Under
- Mississippi State ranks 17th in rebounds allowed per game (30.5) while Arkansas ranks 275th (39.2).
- The Razorbacks rank 22nd in assists allowed per game (10.1) while the Bulldogs rank 100th (11.9).
- Mississippi State averages 4.9 blocks per game, which ranks 19th in the nation. Arkansas ranks 70th in blocks allowed per game (3.0).
- The Razorbacks rank 17th in steals per game (8.8) while the Bulldogs rank 180th (5.5).
- Arkansas ranks 131st in three pointers attempted per game (22.6) while Mississippi State ranks 281st (16.3).
- During their last five games, the Razorbacks have scored an average of 75.0 points per game (0.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 80.2 points per game (13.5 above their season average).
- The Bulldogs have been outscored by an average of 0.6 points in their last five games. On the season, Mississippi State has defeated opponents by an average of 6.1 points.